What cheap option could replace Neodyme package in my spec?

What sub-£400 option could replace Neodyme package in my spec, should I change my leather colour?

• Rear wiper in high gloss black - £143

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
As I am edging closer to flip from crayon leather to Bordeaux leather on my 4S CT build (crayon paint), I’m wondering what to do with Neodyme Package I currently have selected, as it might not go with red and could be replaced. The aim is not to increase the overall build cost as I’ve blown my budget already!

I’ve not included all sub-£400 extras in choices as 1) I already ticked some of them such as ambient lighting or crested headrests and 2) I excluded stuff I don’t really value (e.g. embossed armrest or ioniser). Also discounted power steering plus as I believe it can be added on demand.

Happy voting - up to 2 choices available!
Sponsored

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Crayon, the only colour to make Volcano Grey look interesting……..Keep your money, put it towards a wrap.

OP
OP
Bigben

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crayon, the only colour to make Volcano Grey look interesting……..Keep your money, put it towards a wrap.
So you mean pay £1,700 extra for paint, then another £2-3k to cover it up? ?
Had white initially but too flashy for my wife so settled on Crayon. Quite different and not seen on much others than Porsches…

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I made my 2 votes, but if I'd made a 3rd it would have been for auto-dim.
Personally if I was going Crayon over Black/Red I'd put £200 on black door handles (I take them on and off my Frozen Blue configuration at least once a week, I think they work best with whites or silver).

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
Sounds like a similar build to mine, Crayon with Bordeaux. I would go with the wing mirrors if you have other gloss black details. And I totally disagree with Jontybutts of course!

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Not a fan of coloured seatbelts and wouldn’t bother with a gloss wiper.
Im going jet black metallic with bordeaux red same as my current Macan Turbo which i really like, also optioned the dark silver package to add a bit more interest.
I think crayon paint is actually very popular at the moment not really for me although black accents do pop on crayon.
If going light colours I would probably go ice grey or silver.
Mamba green really does look great on the car though…
Defo need auto dim and memory seats, me and the missus share the car and I’d be lost without memory seats!
Also think you need painted mirrors the black plastic looks a bit naff to me.

Last edited:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I had that spec on my order then decided that performance-related specs were more important, ie rear-wheel steering, so I deleted it. I got my car a couple weeks ago. I don't think I'd even want that treatment now that I see how well the car looks without it. You'll have colored lights in cup holders and other areas. Its enough bling for me.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Someone here posted a pic once of a Taycan specced w/ the espresso interior (Olea) with neodyne accents and the Paldao wood trim. Not something i'd ever spec myself, but taken together it looked very sumptuous and high end. Can't find the post now.

Out of the choices you proposed, I"d go w/ the auto dimming mirrors. I dont think i've had a car without that feature in over 10 years now. Assume you already have power folding mirrors checked.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
So you mean pay £1,700 extra for paint, then another £2-3k to cover it up? ?
No, bin the boring paint and with the £1700 and £400 saving get an interesting colour.

OP
OP
Bigben

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I made my 2 votes, but if I'd made a 3rd it would have been for auto-dim.
Personally if I was going Crayon over Black/Red I'd put £200 on black door handles (I take them on and off my Frozen Blue configuration at least once a week, I think they work best with whites or silver).
I did wonder having seen crayon CTs with/without but my wife didn’t like them and had to skip black wheels too so in the end didn’t spec them… I can always wrap them later if I want!
They do break the line a bit on ST but work nicely with the rugged style of the CT! I know what you mean about changing spec weekly, it’s becoming a bit of an obsession!
Not a fan of coloured seatbelts and wouldn’t bother with a gloss wiper.
Im going jet black metallic with bordeaux red same as my current Macan Turbo which i really like, also optioned the dark silver package to add a bit more interest.
I think crayon paint is actually very popular at the moment not really for me although black accents do pop on crayon.
If going light colours I would probably go ice grey or silver.
Mamba green really does look great on the car though…
Defo need auto dim and memory seats, me and the missus share the car and I’d be lost without memory seats!
Also think you need painted mirrors the black plastic looks a bit naff to me.
Yes agree that black accents work and the flat finish of Crayon looks quite modern to me. I’ve had mostly dark coloured cars so nice to go for a change.
I do drive my wife’s car but memory seats weren’t available therefore I drive in a terrible position to avoid messing up her settings! Fortunately won’t have this issue in the CT, just worried not to have memory seats while I’ve had them for 10 years… just a psychological thing as I do know I’m not using them atm!

I agree on mirrors, it’s just… £400 for the lower bit to be sprayed… feels like one of the most overpriced option available! I’m sure I wouldn’t have noticed had it not been available to spec...
I had that spec on my order then decided that performance-related specs were more important, ie rear-wheel steering, so I deleted it. I got my car a couple weeks ago. I don't think I'd even want that treatment now that I see how well the car looks without it. You'll have colored lights in cup holders and other areas. Its enough bling for me.
I added Neodyme to cut through the Chalk ext/int combo in the first place, but yes I don’t think I’d miss it tbh with red leather! Also went for style over performance, opposite direction to yours! Coming from 10 Years of driving 3 tons barges it’ll feel better even without all the chassis enhancements I’m sure
Someone here posted a pic once of a Taycan specced w/ the espresso interior (Olea) with neodyne accents and the Paldao wood trim. Not something i'd ever spec myself, but taken together it looked very sumptuous and high end. Can't find the post now.

Out of the choices you proposed, I"d go w/ the auto dimming mirrors. I dont think i've had a car without that feature in over 10 years now. Assume you already have power folding mirrors checked.
Thx, I do have the power folding mirrors checked indeed, feels bonkers to have to pay for it but hey... I think it’ll be my first car since my 2010 BMW X5 E70 without electric steering rack… But being the only driver it‘s fine, just totally weird in a supposedly futuristic car!

Seems like dimming mirrors are well ahead - interesting as yes it does feel like a basic feature to have, although not doing much night driving… But I believe the central rear view mirror looks better when it’s specced (thinner edges), does anyone have a pic With/without?

Also forgot the £250 red dial for compass in sport chrono package as an option given Neodyme came with gold dial
Sponsored