What Colour are you going for?

• Total voters

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Bumping this poll. I’m curious what the current breakdown is.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This poll reflects exactly what I think; none of the colors are a clear standout on the Taycan.

All of them look good, but there is no standout amazing color. I know a lot of people love Gentian Blue on 992s & Taycans, but it's not my favorite blue. I have seen most but not all of the colors in person (on a Taycan) but from what I've seen I think Jet Black & Volcano compliment the sporty nature of the car the best and Mamba Green is the most "fun" color. Carmine & Gentian are colors some people feel in love with and a Red or Blue sportscar never goes out of style. The three lighter colors make the car look too big, just in my opinion.

I'd love to see Porsche add a more "Signature" color for the Taycan. The leaked future color graph adds a few exciting colors (Cherry, Neptune Blue, Ice Grey) that will probably be popular.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve never owned a white car, but went for Carrera White on my Taycan as I absolutely fell in love with the Mission E concept. Also, after owning a black 911, I’ve never heard truer words than “you don’t own a black car, a black car owns you.” Being in New England, it’s wicked hard to keep a black car clean, so I’m looking for a break and the way white accentuates the design of the Taycan.

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve never owned a white car, but went for Carrera White on my Taycan as I absolutely fell in love with the Mission E concept. Also, after owning a black 911, I’ve heard truer words than “you don’t own a black car, a black car owns you.” Being in New England, it’s wicked hard to keep a black car clean, so I’m looking for a break and the way white accentuates the design of the Taycan.
Definitely, if you live where it snows/rains black cars are a bear to keep clean. I think the gentian blue will have the same problem. Light silver is the best for low maintenance, but the dolomite silver is quite dark on the Taycan, so I went with the white. The silver is very slick and much more subdued as well.

The other nice thing about white is that it shows off the lines of the car better than any other color. Black makes the car look smaller, and when clean, the paint look is the best, but it does hide the beautiful lines of the car.

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Definitely, if you live where it snows/rains black cars are a bear to keep clean. I think the gentian blue will have the same problem. Light silver is the best for low maintenance, but the dolomite silver is quite dark on the Taycan, so I went with the white. The silver is very slick and much more subdued as well.

The other nice thing about white is that it shows off the lines of the car better than any other color. Black makes the car look smaller, and when clean, the paint look is the best, but it does hide the beautiful lines of the car.
Porsche Taycan What Colour Did you go for? 044FA58F-6DD8-4C7E-8E2E-7066F85E0706

Porsche Taycan What Colour Did you go for? AE1933A8-E827-4B1C-9375-03C2E6B2E96E

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag

Yes Gentian Blue is a pain to keep clean! It looks dirty more often than looking nice & shiny

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
My Volcano grey is hard to keep clean. I thought it would be easier to keep clean than black, but it’s proven to be just as difficult for me. I’m considering a lighter color for my next one.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
The light shade of my Fro Zen Blue Turbo should look okay, even if a dusting of the usually dry, light beige high-desert soil in NM gets on it for a brief time. Nice color combo?

Then, with a mere hand-spray-wash that dirt should easily roll off to a high buffed-wax shine beaming from the full-exterior PPF/ceramic surface. Okay, that might be a bit filtered through my happy-dream imagination.

Only a couple more weeks (give or take, of course) before I experience the reality of it.

Psyched.

Last edited:

Wisborg

First Name
Jose Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, BMW 335i F30.
Country flag
I went for the flat white, because I wanted a light color to better show the lines. Instead of spending money on metallic white, I rather save the money to wrap the car if I find a better color of my liking.
Mine is Dolomite silver. Looks so fantastic and luxury!!... You're right, light color show the lines lovely well.

RichJ

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 BMW228ix, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Ice Grey wasn’t on the color list at the time of the initial poll but of course that is my favorite. I think Taycans look better in light colors. Obviously such a personal preference.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
was going with Neptune (not on list) - but have now gone with custom (also not on list)

cheers

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
All the 2021 colours are missing, it's an old poll.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I’ve never owned a white car, but went for Carrera White on my Taycan as I absolutely fell in love with the Mission E concept. Also, after owning a black 911, I’ve heard truer words than “you don’t own a black car, a black car owns you.” Being in New England, it’s wicked hard to keep a black car clean, so I’m looking for a break and the way white accentuates the design of the Taycan.
White all day long! Mission-E sold it. (and I love white and have a white collection)
Porsche Taycan What Colour Did you go for? PPF & ceramic