what colour seat belts with Black/Bordeaux Red leather?

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
So I've finally got my wife to check (approve) my Turbo spec and she decides that she prefers Black/Bordeaux Red leather over just the plain black :rolleyes: . She says she'd also like the Bordeaux seatbelts to go with the seats too, but I'm not sure - is that too much red? It doesn't help that the reds don't match on the configurator.
Please tell me who's right? ;) The car is Carrara White by the way.

Porsche Taycan what colour seat belts with Black/Bordeaux Red leather? Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 07.04.37
Porsche Taycan what colour seat belts with Black/Bordeaux Red leather? Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 07.04.51

Seriously, any Black/Bordeaux Red owners here who know how it looks in real life and have strong opinions either way?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
So I've finally got my wife to check (approve) my Turbo spec and she decides that she prefers Black/Bordeaux Red leather over just the plain black :rolleyes: . She says she'd also like the Bordeaux seatbelts to go with the seats too, but I'm not sure - is that too much red? It doesn't help that the reds don't match on the configurator.
Seriously, any Black/Bordeaux Red owners here who know how it looks in real life and have strong opinions either way?
An Industrial Designer would suggest black - too many colors, especially the different shade of red. Save your money, hide the dirt, and increase resale price - choose black. My $0.02, but your wife may be more important! :)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
An Industrial Designer would suggest black - too many colors, especially the different shade of red. Save your money, hide the dirt, and increase resale price - choose black. My $0.02, but your wife may be more important! :)
My wife also liked the black and so did I @bootsie, I also got the Bordeaux Red and Black interior, build almost complete.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
I have the Black/Red Leather and looked at the seat belt colours and it did not strike me as a good mix with the red seat belts. (Too much red and different shades) Personal preference is seat belts should be a seperate colour to the seats if specified. I am happy with just the black.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

My Taycan is Carrara White with the Bordeaux leather seats. We went with the standard black seatbelts exactly because we felt the additional red would make it too much red. We like how it turned out and saved some money :cool:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agree with all of the above. The Red/Black interior is excellent but the red seatbelts don't match and are too much. I'd stick with black.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
The actual red seat belts are a much more subtle red than the configurator images.

I had the red seatbelts retrofitted to my car (which is otherwise all black). It's a dark wine red. Not a bright red.

There's a thread "Red Seat Belts Retrofitted in Taycan"

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
bootsie

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
The actual red seat belts are a much more subtle red than the configurator images.

I had the red seatbelts retrofitted to my car (which is otherwise all black). It's a dark wine red. Not a bright red.

There's a thread "Red Seat Belts Retrofitted in Taycan"
Thanks. On a black interior they look great.

I think I'm going to stick with the black belts with the bordeaux red seats to give some contrast and save me some money which I can spend on another frivolous option instead.

Thanks all!

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Black, you normally opt for colour option if you were going for black interior.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
All black interior with Red Seatbelts and a set of (hopefully) subtle red/black floormats from Cocomats.

Porsche Taycan what colour seat belts with Black/Bordeaux Red leather? EC3858FA-32F7-43C7-995A-279E6E4E5CBE

Last edited:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
All black interior with Red Seatbelts and a set of (hopefull subtle red/black floormats.

EC3858FA-32F7-43C7-995A-279E6E4E5CBE.jpeg
Nice!! I have the Guards Red contrast stitching on my build. The MY2021 also has floor mats with matching stitching I was able to add. Based on this photo, I am going to love the result.