What did you negotiate on your Taycan lease agreements?

Casparado

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter GTS (2015); May 2021: Taycan
Country flag
P.S. As I've mentioned in some other posts, I work with a bunch of Porsche dealers and have helped over a dozen folks in this forum get a good deal. If you're in the market, PM me and I can connect you with the GM of the dealer with the best current deals.
... I'm in northern CA, and my closest dealer is a 2 hour drive away. Porsche Marin, Mill Valley CA. Can you help me from NY??? Plus, my fully specced car has landed already, but not been released to the dealer.
Sponsored

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
... I'm in northern CA, and my closest dealer is a 2 hour drive away. Porsche Marin, Mill Valley CA. Can you help me from NY??? Plus, my fully specced car has landed already, but not been released to the dealer.
I don't have any dealer contacts in CA right now unfortunately, but for new orders, they can typically ship it or pick up at the LA delivery center. If you already have a car you're commited to with a specific dealership though, it's probably best to just stick with that.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Does anyone know what the new 4S residual value and interest rate are on a 2 year lease.

I understand both have improved.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone know what the new 4S residual value and interest rate are on a 2 year lease.

I understand both have improved.
Unfortuantly, I don't have the exact numbers. I can loop you in with a dealership GM, but if you're looking for just the data points, probably best to wait for others who have gotten leases to comment.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the answers today from my dealer. The numbers are better. Residuals up 2-3 percent, and interest rate cost is down a little.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got the answers today from my dealer. The numbers are better. Residuals up 2-3 percent, and interest rate cost is down a little.
For what it's worth, Porsche was considering improving the figures even more-so for Q2-Q3 '21, but it will mostly depend on sales volume next few months I think (and I think it will pick up, so they won't change it).

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
I'm about to purchase my Taycan 4s in northern California, some time in Jan or Feb 2021. Already deposited $5k. Will be getting the $7500 rebate. Wondering now whether to purchase outright, or lease. Waiting on lease proposal from my dealer. In the meantime, pros and cons ... Pro: able to turn car in guaranteed, and take advantage of future upgraded models. Stretching out payments. Con: May cost more in total to lease. Would really like anyone's thoughts, observations, suggestions. Thanks.
I am in a similar situation, going to place my order in 2 weeks, I see no benefit in lease, I highly doubt that 3 year old Taycan will be 48k in that time frame ( orig build around 99k ). When I do all the calculations, I see that I am paying almost 10k extra in 36 months ( lease interest or rent or whatever they call it ). Who cares if tech changes or model changes, the car is covered for 4 years regardless. I just don't want to pay 10k extra, i rather pay that toward the total cost and trade in in 3 years or keep it.

Casparado

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter GTS (2015); May 2021: Taycan
Country flag
UPDATE -- Canceled my 4s order in favor of RWD 2021 Taycan, due in May. Have decided to pay in full at time of pickup (plus ceramic coating outside and in) instead of leasing. Like Farazkhu2, saw no real benefit in leasing, except in the end paying more, and never really owning the car.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
For what it's worth, Porsche was considering improving the figures even more-so for Q2-Q3 '21, but it will mostly depend on sales volume next few months I think (and I think it will pick up, so they won't change it).
FWIW, dealer just told me that MF for 2021 Taycan Turbo is .0035. That is NOT a good deal.:mad:

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FWIW, dealer just told me that MF for 2021 Taycan Turbo is .0035. That is NOT a good deal.:mad:
Does anyone know what it was before? I don't know absolute rates, but I know they improved them in Q4 - so it might have been even worse before lol

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Money factor for 2021 Taycans 4S’s and the Taycan 4S Cross Turismo is 0.002.
Have ur dealer show the Porsche financial app on there pc (honest dealers show the screen to customers). The money factor defaults to what Porsche financial charges, Money factors are in in dealer order guides too.

dealers can change that Porsche financial default value to a higher value. They can make it whatever they want.

All dealers (spoken to 8) I have spoken to have quoted 0.002, a couple of dealers marked it up to 0.0022 (for additional dealer profit) but even they agreed to remove that markup.

0.0032 is robbery. Find another dealership.

Last edited:

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
got to the link posted here. Edmunds forums indicate 0.002 for 2021 Taycans. 2022 will likely be at 0.002 as well.
Don't know about 2022 but this is correct for 21.
Sponsored