kwanyu

First Name
Kwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Audi Q7, M235 conv., Z4
Country flag
While Porsche managed to create a minimalistic & elegant Taycan interior with the lack of physical buttons, it also means a lot of direct access functions are now 2 or 3 levels of touchscreen away. Therefore, the two shortcut buttons are now hugely important for me. What do you set yours to?
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Homelink = Steering Wheel
Electric Sportsound = Instrument Cluster

Still subject to change though, I've only had the car 2 weeks. As I've started to listen to music in the car with Carplay I find it annoying to have to reach over to the PCM to skip tracks...

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Homelink = cluster
Next track = steering whhel

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not yet having taken delivery, does the Homelink utilize GPS to automatically open your garage door like a Tesla?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
My favourite function and most unexpected is the option to add a track to my media library. This works while listening to radio. I often listen to the radio to discover new artists and then add them to my library. This function simplifies that.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
While Porsche managed to create a minimalistic & elegant Taycan interior with the lack of physical buttons, it also means a lot of direct access functions are now 2 or 3 levels of touchscreen away. Therefore, the two shortcut buttons are now hugely important for me. What do you set yours to?
Can you add sports sound as an option?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Not yet having taken delivery, does the Homelink utilize GPS to automatically open your garage door like a Tesla?
It will use a geofence to automatically bring up the menu but it won’t send the signal automatically. I like this feature on our Teslas, AND it would give me a programmable button back for something else.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Steering wheel = Homelink

Haven't bothered to set the one on the dashboard yet.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you assign a shortcut button to Homelink, when you are within a geofence that has ONLY ONE transmitter learned, it will send the code for that transmitter when you press the shortcut button. If you have two or more learned codes for that location, it will bring up the window.

It was nice on Tesla that you could assign a specific transmitter code to the button, but you couldn't then have the button work in two different locations - you can do that with Taycan.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Park Assist has its own direct button (left bottom edge of console screen), so why add it to the diamond key? When you are approaching a maneuvering situation, you are nearly always free to briefly look down at it.

Then, it's the same with Park Assist Mute, which has its own button on the left edge of the center screen while Park Assist is active.

I like to use the diamond keys to bypass navigating multiple menu levels and/or pop-up dialogs at times when I may need to stay attentive to the road traffic and conditions, and for functions that I use regularly.

Also, how can you assign "Launch mode always on"? (Not that I would ever need that :angel: )