What happened to the 19.2 KW AC on board charger option ?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I literally do not have this sticker anywhere in any door....perhaps that is why mine is so special? :rolleyes:
Maybe you’re car was never built; it just appeared… ??

Edit: I think I’d contact the dealer about that if it were me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
so quick follow up: where do I find the build date?
Not sure about others, but the sticker in the drivers door is not there, there is only the tire sticker in between the two doors (bottom-outside of b-pillar).
our cars were built around the same time, it landed here in Jacksonville around 2/22 and I took delivery on 2/27. you can be fairly certain that they were on the same vessel and were built around the same time. there is no hint of build date on the monroney sticker. I'll look at the sticker on the car later

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
ClipperCreek share2 is great, but they do offer a single dual charger cord split load 50 amp charger - I wish they had that option for all the various AMP sizes, but I’m liking what I’m hearing about the WattZilla - and it sounds like you’re doing it “right”
I don’t know if you looked it up or not, but, while the Duo does have current sharing options for a 100-amp breaker and running split current, it can also run off of a 200A breaker and do 80/side simultaneously.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
mmmmm 19.2 kW charging - love it - congrats

I loved the fast charging on my 2014 Model S P85D w/Dual onboard chargers - 80 amps
I also loved 72 amp (90 amp breaker) charging on my wife’s 2017 Model X P100DL

fast charging is hard to beat - and a shared load dual charging system is “da-bomb” - I love it - I had multiple charges sharing a single 100 amp breaker- and could simply plug-in multiple vehicles and let them sort it out over night - which each vehicle getting what it needs until each one finished one by one and dumped the load back to the remaining vehicle to charge faster - it’s a painfree way to support multiple EV’s with out expensive and separate dedicated circuits for each single EVSE

ClipperCreek share2 is great, but they do offer a single dual charger cord split load 50 amp charger - I wish they had that option for all the various AMP sizes, but I’m liking what I’m hearing about the WattZilla - and it sounds like you’re doing it “right”

I can not wait to hear your experiences.
I don’t know if you looked it up or not, but, while the Duo does have current sharing options for a 100-amp breaker and running split current, it can also run off of a 200A breaker and do 80/side simultaneously.
Oh yes, very aware! My electrician is quoting me for two scenarios: 1) The shared 100A circuit mentioned above, and 2) Upgrade the service drop to 400A for a 200A circuit independent of my existing main panel. At dual 80A draw simultaneously, that would be the big boy option and would probably qualify for the daveo4EV overdoing it award!

Realistically I’m unlikely to do the 200A circuit unless it’s surprisingly close in cost to the 100A option.

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
Oh yes, very aware! My electrician is quoting me for two scenarios: 1) The shared 100A circuit mentioned above, and 2) Upgrade the service drop to 400A for a 200A circuit independent of my existing main panel. At dual 80A draw simultaneously, that would be the big boy option and would probably qualify for the daveo4EV overdoing it award!

Realistically I’m unlikely to do the 200A circuit unless it’s surprisingly close in cost to the 100A option.
Could you possibly provide an idea on how much electrician is quoting for a 100 amp?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Could you possibly provide an idea on how much electrician is quoting for a 100 amp?
Yes I can soon. I haven’t gotten the quote back yet. Shall update once I have it. Caveats: YMMV - it’ll depend on local market rates, how modern your home electrical setup is, whether you have panel space for the additional breaker, whether the max pre-existing load to your main panel will allow for a 100A circuit etc.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I got part 1 of the quote - $1200 for adding a 100A circuit off of my pre-existing main panel (200A panel, 200A service drop). That scenario would involve adding a breaker and running cable about 30 feet through some crawl space and wall cavities, then hardwiring the EVSE (purchased separately). Seems high for what it is.

I’m still waiting on part 2, the 400A service drop for two 100A circuits.

Please note my earlier caveats - your home / market / circumstances will vary.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I got part 1 of the quote - $1200 for adding a 100A circuit off of my pre-existing main panel (200A panel, 200A service drop). That scenario would involve adding a breaker and running cable about 30 feet through some crawl space and wall cavities, then hardwiring the EVSE (purchased separately). Seems high for what it is.

I agree this could be high - but high quality 100 amp rated copper wire is surprisingly expensive these days…I’m wondering how much of the $1200 is direct wire costs…

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag

Thank you that info is very helpful!

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
It could be worse. I upgraded my 400A service to 600A and put a 200A sub-panel on my garage. That was a $5k adventure, and it required trenching under the street/our lawb and upgrading the transformer. That took a 12 hour power outage for me and two of my neighbors. Dinner on us? This was the same year we added 11kW of solar on the roof and had to fight the HOA for approval.
Sponsored