What has happened to used Taycan prices?

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Why would you cancel because WBAC valuation has dropped? Are you just buying for immediate sale (and hoping to turn a profit) rather than to own/drive it?
is this actually a thing? i always assumed cars lost value? or at lest 99% of them

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I planned to keep it for 12-18 months as going by the research i had done the depreciation should have been very small. I did not anticipate losing £13k the moment i drove the car out of the dealership as you would with most cars
It does not sound like a guaranteed strategy to drive around for free in a Taycan over the next 12 to 18 months because it is becoming very hard to reliably predict the price evolution of any asset - particularly used cars - over such a period of time. I would suggest to not buy a Taycan if you are not prepared to take a hit in depreciation for the sheer fun of driving this car. If used Taycan values remain abnormally high into 2023 or 2024, then that is your upside, but I would expect that Porsche will be able to deliver new Taycans more quickly by then, which may depress prices for used Taycans.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Oak Green Metallic. The car is beautiful, just the nonsence with the repair situation renders it not fit for purpose as a daily driver IMO.
Thanks for clarifying the colour.

Seems a huge shame to have to give up here.

12ACD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL, Mazda MX-30
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying the colour.

Seems a huge shame to have to give up here.
I guess it depends on your perspective. You see it as giving up.

I see it as a lucky escape.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

I loved your colour too!

Mine is my first Porsche order too, previously none of the models were worth the money IMO and I was put off by the configurator and a friend getting rid of his because of the absurdity of the spares cost, so your post resonated with me.

I bought a Ferrari instead of a 911 in the '90s, and have kept it since I like it and anything newer has lots of driver aids and a flappy paddle gearbox which is great for a daily driver but not a fun car IMO.
Anyway it has been 100% reliable for over 20 years so worked out fine.

The Taycan was the best car I have driven, combining limo comfort with the throttle response of the Ferrari but despite an initial slot estimate of November 2021 the latest is July 2022 and I am beginning to think maybe Porsche isn't the supplier of the sort of service I will be satisfied by.

We will see. My alternative is not to buy a new car at all, litterally nothing else appeals.

12ACD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL, Mazda MX-30
Country flag
I loved your colour too!

We will see. My alternative is not to buy a new car at all, litterally nothing else appeals.
Funny that's exactly where we've found ourselves too. Nothing else appeals - at all.

I have had my eye on an F Car for 4-5 years and that's probably where I'll end up, just not right now with very inflated prices.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

I guess what I meant is that a change of wheel could make the difference and was the accident not a 'freak'?

What would you replace it with that in the same circumstances wouldn't come to a similar fate?

12ACD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL, Mazda MX-30
Country flag
I guess what I meant is that a change of wheel could make the difference and was the accident not a 'freak'?

What would you replace it with that in the same circumstances wouldn't come to a similar fate?
It was a replacement for an Audi S6 Avant which I drove for nearly 5 years, lost a couple of tyres in that time to pot holes and such (to far higher impacts than I had in the Porsche) but never had an incident of this nature.

There really is nothing that I'm currently interested in replacing it with, I don't like SUV's so for the time being I'm not bothering.

The reality is a Taycan is not suitable to drive daily on the roads around where I live (Kent/Surrey border), the risk of damage that renders the car unroadworthy is too great. It looks like I need an SUV or at least something just less delicate. I'll just have to rethink our circumstances.

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo (arrived.)
Country flag
It was a replacement for an Audi S6 Avant which I drove for nearly 5 years, lost a couple of tyres in that time to pot holes and such (to far higher impacts than I had in the Porsche) but never had an incident of this nature.

There really is nothing that I'm currently interested in replacing it with, I don't like SUV's so for the time being I'm not bothering.

The reality is a Taycan is not suitable to drive daily on the roads around where I live (Kent/Surrey border), the risk of damage that renders the car unroadworthy is too great. It looks like I need an SUV or at least something just less delicate. I'll just have to rethink our circumstances.
I live in North Kent, and was ordering my Rwd ST with the 21" wheels? Did you have impact blow outs on the tyres due to the ultra low profile of the tyres? Did it dent the wheels and require referb?

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo (arrived.)
Country flag
I live in North Kent, and was ordering my Rwd ST with the 21" wheels? Did you have impact blow outs on the tyres due to the ultra low profile of the tyres? Did it dent the wheels and require referb?
Just found your link to read 12ACD so I'll have a look there to answer the above question...

Deleted member 6348

If you can’t afford the depreciation of driving the car, you can’t afford the car.

When supply improves and demand sinks back to reality, we will be back in the normal depreciation cycle for cars and other luxury goods.

I drove my 992 for 2.5 years and 35k+ miles. I took advantage of the ridiculous values and traded it in for the Taycan. All of that fun cost me practically nothing aside from insurance and gas — this is not the normal state of affairs when it comes to car ownership.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I

The Taycan was the best car I have driven, combining limo comfort with the throttle response of the Ferrari but despite an initial slot estimate of November 2021 the latest is July 2022 and I am beginning to think maybe Porsche isn't the supplier of the sort of service I will be satisfied by.

Your build timescale sadly hit the horrifying Ukrainian situation though didn’t it? That combined with the chip shortage (which we all knew about last year) which shows no sign of abating (just had one of our suppliers hit by a small chip from one of their suppliers….now that critical part has a 52 week lead time alone). I was lucky enough mine got built but its now spending its 4th week sitting at Emden (for a 1 day trip from there to Sheerness…).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Your build timescale sadly hit the horrifying Ukrainian situation though didn’t it? That combined with the chip shortage (which we all knew about last year) which shows no sign of abating (just had one of our suppliers hit by a small chip from one of their suppliers….now that critical part has a 52 week lead time alone). I was lucky enough mine got built but its now spending its 4th week sitting at Emden (for a 1 day trip from there to Sheerness…).
Not really, another member of this forum who ordered at the same time as me is already driving round in his.
I probably chose a dealer who has a bad ratio of customer to allocation or maybe prioritised its favoured customers rather than strictly placing builds in order of date placed.
Anyway, a bit stuck now. If I do get a car it will be end of 2022 build, if it slips much more I will be in the annual price hike which will be big this year I would imagine.
Sponsored