First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
Hello guys! Wanted to share my experience

11 months ago I planned to buy a Taycan but as living in pakistan and having an official dealer (Porsche) here I could not go through them because for some reason Porsche pakistan is not allowed to sell any more cars ( having a legal battle)
So bought the car from the Uk and brought it to pakistan

those 11 months I was frequently checking this forum for updates and reading experiences

evenbefore I had the car I knew exactly where each and every Button is located and things it will do

the first thing i was worried was that the car is at Uk port for 2 weeks then 1 month transit and another 3 weeks to get it cleared . That’s basically 2.1 months
Was scared that what if the 12v battery dies sitting in a container

so bought the jump starter just in case

but everything went smooth

let’s move on...

things I found out through this forum
1. Electric sound button should be configured to the steering wheel
2. Pmcc operation including the electrical work ( this forum has made me 40 percent electrician :)
3. 12v dead battery issue and possible reasons
4. Stay away from the porsche app
5. How to jump start the car if neccessary
6. ideal battery temps and should avoid using timers
7. How to charge upto 85 percent
8. Electronic charge ports malfunctions and how to open if stuck
9. Recuperation

Porsche pakistan has told me they will not be able to fix or diagnose the car neither upgrade any software as they don’t have permission so I’m being very cautious of using the car and not fiddle around with the electronics

so basically what I do is I am driving on guest mode and the car cannot receive the signals as it’s abI can’t add a profile
Guest mode is fine with me as long as the car doesn’t communicate with any online servers or picks up any signal

less communication is better for my case

I bet this forum has taught me so much that even Porsche in pakistan doesn’t know

technology is fun and I’m thankful to all of you members who have shared your experiences and gave us newbies some insight and knowledge
Sponsored

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
That’s real dedication to go through that and take those risks to own a Taycan. For me to moan about a creaky seat or a spoiler which is out by a few mm seems trivial in comparison!

Good luck and I wish you trouble-free motoring!