What I'm missing on the Taycan CT I ordered.....

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
Hyundai has a feature on the car that you can actually use the car to charge other cars and or other equipment bases on the (in Europe) normal 220 volt connection. Which means you could re-charge for example your e-bike. Just wonder why Porsche did not come up with this feature as they are also offering e-bikes. Would be great if you use the car to charge them. I have a e-surfboard which I would be great to recharge using the battery of the car.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hyundai has a feature on the car that you can actually use the car to charge other cars and or other equipment bases on the (in Europe) normal 220 volt connection. Which means you could re-charge for example your e-bike. Just wonder why Porsche did not come up with this feature as they are also offering e-bikes. Would be great if you use the car to charge them. I have a e-surfboard which I would be great to recharge using the battery of the car.
Yes, this would be a useful feature. Other brands have this as well, such as the Ford F150 Lightning: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-electric-truck-charging-generator-power/

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I'm sure that you know that you can simiply plug in a power inverter into the 12vt outlet in the back of the CT if you wanted to charge a E bike.
Do you know by chance how many amps you can get out the 12v outlet in the trunk? I think you need a good 15 to 20 amps. Any advises?

juuso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Do you know by chance how many amps you can get out the 12v outlet in the trunk? I think you need a good 15 to 20 amps. Any advises?
Here's what the Good to know app says:

The maximum load capacity of a 12-volt plug socket is 20 A but only if one load is operating. Do not exceed 10 A load per 12-volt plug socket if several loads are operating simultaneously.
Sponsored