What is the Porsche Taycan's lifecycle?

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
We know that the first generation Taycan will launch around late 2019/early 2020.

How long will it remain in production? And in which year can we expect the second generation Taycan to be launched and put into production?
Sponsored

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We know that the first generation Taycan will launch around late 2019/early 2020.

How long will it remain in production? And in which year can we expect the second generation Taycan to be launched and put into production?
Unless it's an exception because it's an EV, it should have a 6-7 year model life like Panamera and Cayenne has had. So second generation Taycan should would around 2026-2027.

M.K.

2017 911 GTS
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS
Country flag

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Yep sounds like it. Plus I just can't see them doing a 3-4 year model with all the R&D costs involved in bringing this first model to market.
And if 2025 is even the release, then I'd certainly wait till the 2026 model as a minimum (note thats not a slight on Porsche specifically.. its how I'd approach any new vehicle these days given the complexity in software, manufacturing, supply chain and fast moving regulatory requirements).

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
According to Porsche the Taycan will switch to the shared VW platform in 2026.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
That article is actually regarding a different car, the 'K1' that was shown in concept form to dealers a few months ago.' It's a larger crossover MPV-like vehicle (think Panamera on stilts), and I think Porsche is very sensitive to how they can make it a Porsche and not a re-badged VW minivan. Porsche is still very committed to using the PPE platform, though likely with significant modifications. The thing they're withdrawing from is joint production at the VW plant in Hanover.
Sponsored