What is the "power" difference you get with Sports Chrono pack?

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi,

Sport steering wheel, the dial and the clock - I knew about those - but apparently you also get a little bit more power with this pack...
Sponsored

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
Could be wrong but...

None.

It adds sport plus + individual mode but that's basically it.

Reactions: B61

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Could be wrong but...

None.

It adds sport plus + individual mode but that's basically it.
Absolutely correct. There is no power difference.

Sport chrono just adds the GT steering wheel, the dial for the drive modes, the clock, the tile in the PCM for Sport Chrono (can be used in combination the the Precision Track App) and two additional drives modes Sport+ & Individual.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

Sport steering wheel, the dial and the clock - I knew about those - but apparently you also get a little bit more power with this pack...
As already mentioned - Zero power increase - that's not what this option is for - silly clock (or compass) on the dash, thumb wheel for drive mode selection on the steering wheel and a couple of extra drive modes - Sport Plus and Individual.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Compass is nice, but it looks that‘s availablemonly for CT.

OP
OP
thinkbusiness

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is what the website says.

SPORT+: The 'SPORT+' mode is your go-to driving mode for track days or simply experiencing all of the performance your Porsche has to offer. The throttle response is instantaneous, shifts are lightning fast, and the overall steering and suspension feel is tight and responsive.

So it’s a “car dynamics” thing.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Screenshot_20211224-100008~2.png

The difference between sport and sport plus is minimal.
I generally agree but I do feel like the throttle response on my Turbo S is much quicker and more sensitive in Sport Plus vs. Sport. I think that’s what people mean when they say “power”. Max HP I’m sure is the same with or without Sports Chrono but there may be a greater amount of instant torque in Sport Plus that is only available with the Sports Chrono. I also note the configurator lists performance oriented tuning of chassis, something called Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery. On the last part, Sport Plus kicks on the heat pump and brings the battery up to optimal temperature quicker. Again, it’s not that the car can’t get to the same performance conditions without Sport Plus, but it may get to those conditions faster with it (hence again why some people equate that to power).
Porsche Taycan What is the "power" difference you get with Sports Chrono pack? 60F95894-85A7-47F7-9119-B6D9C428D80C

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
Screenshot_20211224-100008~2.png

The difference between sport and sport plus is minimal.
I didn’t opt for the sports chrono package as I knew that the actual benefits were slim to none for the Taycan vs ICE Porsches. The one thing that I wouldn’t mind is the increased volume of the sport sound, as I actually love it. If only coding a Taycan was as easy as BMW’s when I used to do those a few years back….

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Compass is nice but does not work.....good subject of conversation for passenger trying to figure out why north is not the north....maybe the German have different North?

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I generally agree but I do feel like the throttle response on my Turbo S is much quicker and more sensitive in Sport Plus vs. Sport. I think that’s what people mean when they say “power”. Max HP I’m sure is the same with or without Sports Chrono but there may be a greater amount of instant torque in Sport Plus that is only available with the Sports Chrono. I also note the configurator lists performance oriented tuning of chassis, something called Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery. On the last part, Sport Plus kicks on the heat pump and brings the battery up to optimal temperature quicker. Again, it’s not that the car can’t get to the same performance conditions without Sport Plus, but it may get to those conditions faster with it (hence again why some people equate that to power).
60F95894-85A7-47F7-9119-B6D9C428D80C.jpeg
I don't think the chassis and aerodynamics are different from what you can manually select. Throttle response might be, but flooring it is flooring it ?. Sport Plus presets the Sport Plus chassis mode, but AFAIK Sport Plus chassis is also available without Sport Chrono, you just have to select it manually. Maybe @Rcrewse7 can confirm.

Battery temperature conditioning is indeed one thing it does, but unless you're launching a Turbo S repeatedly it's very unlikely to make an actual difference in performance.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
I don't think the chassis and aerodynamics are different from what you can manually select. Throttle response might be, but flooring it is flooring it ?. Sport Plus presets the Sport Plus chassis mode, but AFAIK Sport Plus chassis is also available without Sport Chrono, you just have to select it manually. Maybe @Rcrewse7 can confirm.

Battery temperature conditioning is indeed one thing it does, but unless you're launching a Turbo S repeatedly it's very unlikely to make an actual difference in performance.
Yes, when I test drove a Taycan without Sports Chrono and saw that I still had Sports Plus available in the chassis settings, I knew I was skipping the option. I almost exclusively drive in the Sports Plus chassis setting as I like it lowered and more responsive.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I disagree, at least as it relates to suspension. With the car lowered down, the car is noticeably firmer and more sporty. Almost too sporty.
But that suspension / lowering is not specific to the Sport Plus drive mode. It's specific to the Sport Plus chassis setup, which is still available even without Sport Chrono / the Sport Plus drive mode.

Drive mode Sport Plus = chassis in Sport Plus (always available) + suspension low (always available) + different throttle pedal curve (minimal difference from sport, no difference in performance when flooring it) + battery pre-heating (exclusive) + slightly louder sport sound (exclusive).

Sport Chrono does not get you a faster car, does not get you a driving experience that's different from a car without, and does not get you launch control (it's standard). It's the convenience of individual and sport plus driving mode 'presets' + the steering wheel button that you're paying for.
Sponsored