Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
Somebody with a new Taycan sent me this when he received his car. And I don’t have it with mine? What exactly is this

Porsche Taycan What is this? See picture A69EE949-26DA-4296-9694-50F477DE1630

Porsche Taycan What is this? See picture 4E78EF56-9141-4BF6-B755-238C1BA58929

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Its part of PVTS+ (Porsche Vehicle Tracking Plus). It needs to be with the driver as well as the key or it will trigger a theft alarm. You should (and I do) keep it separate from your key.

In some markets (including my own – Ireland) PVTS+ is part of the standard specification where as in other markets its an additional extra.

spiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panemera E-hubrid
Country flag
Hi Tigerpalm, according to the configurator it is subject to a subscription ,not included free.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Correct. In my case its €303/year and is required by my insurance. I just consider it as part of my yearly insurance costs.

OP
OP

Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
It’s the Porsche tracker fob
Its part of PVTS+ (Porsche Vehicle Tracking Plus). It needs to be with the driver as well as the key or it will trigger a theft alarm. You should (and I do) keep it separate from your key.

In some markets (including my own – Ireland) PVTS+ is part of the standard specification where as in other markets its an additional extra.
The thing is his car id exactly speced the same as me . I did not pay extra for a service and neither has he yet he has received it and not me
Strange
I will try and look in the glove box maybe it’s hidden there

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep, VTS+ Tracker Fob which when activated monitors various security features on your vehicle and monitored by the nominated cell provider (Vodafone in UK - not sure who in Canada).

Porsche Taycan What is this? See picture 1615133811631

If you haven't paid for the subscription then you can ignore but keep the fobs in a safe place for returning when you replace your vehicle. Alternatively, if you want to activate the service then you'll need to go to My Porsche and follow the relevant links and pay your subscription.

Under Connect services go to 'Car Security Package' and follow as needed.

The 'how to' once / if activated is documented in the Porsche Good To Know App (or owners manual).

Basically, if you don't have the fob with you (or in the vehicle) and have an active subscription then theft / intruder alerts will be issued via the provider (not Porsche) and the vehicle will come to a stop / be immobilised.

Important to read up and understand should you wish to pursue.
Sponsored