Sponsored

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mostly Macans, infrequently a Cayenne. I have been having them pick up and drop off the Taycan at my house as I'd rather drive my own cars when the Taycan has been broken

mziegler38

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2019 991.2 C4S
Country flag
What did they do about the 12v battery issue?
I believe the new update of the car AND CHARGER solved that 12v battery issue. I was told that the Porsche charger unit drained the 12v while charging the power battery. Hope that solves the issue. The 12v is isolated during power charging.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe the new update of the car AND CHARGER solved that 12v battery issue. I was told that the Porsche charger unit drained the 12v while charging the power battery. Hope that solves the issue. The 12v is isolated during power charging.
They claim the update resolves the 12V issue. We shall certainly see

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I'm in for the update now. I have a base Macan. The dealership has one Taycan currently in the loaner fleet but it was already checked out when I dropped off my car. The Macan is a fine car, but I can't wait to give it back.

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
2020 Cayenne E-Hybrid with huge dealer sticker on the doors. Only use it when my wife has taken the Macan. My car has been in the workshop for the update with a now broken PCM for 2 weeks, and don't expect it back until next week assuming Canada/US customs cooperate (and the update is successful this time). Dealer's Taycan loaner was taken already, other cars they provide are Macans. No complaints. Other dealers might just point you to the Enterprise, Hertz, etc. rep.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
2nd time in now, and I tried to get a Taycan loaner, but the manager drives the demo car and would NOT give that thing up. They had two other units for sale, but that wasn’t happening and they were out of Porsche loaners, so they gave me a Range Rover Velar pretty much off the lot anyway. Dont know why they couldn’t have given me a Porsche, but 1st world problems. It’s a pretty nice SUV.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
Only had mine in once, for the software update, and they gave me a Turbo S. My Turbo (no S), seemed almost the same when I punched the pedal to the metal...! $30k savings?!? ;)

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
2020 Taycan 4S loaner today, Carrera white with 20" aero wheels and new software update installed. Great experience so far with the Taycan loaners (twice now).

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
My Taycan is currently at dealer for software update. They gave me choice: Taycan or Macan. Went for the Macan! I have a Taycan, I drive one all the time. Why would I want it as a loaner? I want something different (as long as it's a Porsche)! That's just the fun of a loaner!

Small problem: my wife loves the Macan loaner. I mean absolutely loves it. I haven't been able to get my hands on it myself. Could be an expensive software update... ??

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
My Taycan is currently at dealer for software update. They gave me choice: Taycan or Macan. Went for the Macan! I have a Taycan, I drive one all the time. Why would I want it as a loaner? I want something different (as long as it's a Porsche)! That's just the fun of a loaner!

Small problem: my wife loves the Macan loaner. I mean absolutely loves it. I haven't been able to get my hands on it myself. Could be an expensive software update... ??
Tell her you need to wait for the electric Macan coming next year maybe.

ntom32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD MY22
Country flag
Was offered a BMW 5 today. Did not take it, I kind of expected a Porsche. Electrical system fault with my Taycan, may take some time.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I get offered base Macans when in service in Krakow, but don’t take them anymore as the dealership will cover my taxis. So I just go to the old town square, eat lunch and come back. Much more convenient as parking is impossible and I don’t need to fill up the Macan.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
I think it’s country specific and based on how funds are raised to cover a temp car, not to mention if it’s a franchise dealer etc. Safe answer would what ever the dealer can get away with whilst having minimum outlay. Don’t think most have any obligation to provide ‘like for like’
Sponsored