Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
Obviously we only ever hear about issues as opposed to the numerous car worked well today.

However, there does seem to be a lot and various time the car is in at Porsche.

When this is the case, normally what type of car do Porsche give you?
Sponsored

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
In the past, I've typically been given Cayenne or Macan loaners.

I've only had my Taycan in once since delivery for window tint and clear bra. I was given a Taycan Turbo as a loaner.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
My dealer is really small. I was given Cayennes mostly, a Macan once, and a Panamera once. Never another Taycan, but there were only 3 or 4 in the entire state, so no surprise.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Obviously we only ever hear about issues as opposed to the numerous car worked well today.

I've had two loaners: A Macan the first time and a Panamera the second. Nice vehicles, but I was happy to get back in the Taycan both times.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Our dealer goes out of their way to give us a loaner and it is usually determined by what is available. So far, every model except a 911. A Taycan 4S recently, but loved the Panamera GTS more!

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
99% of the time it's a Macan for me. I'm totally fine with that, as long as it gets me around while I'm in service and they do the work properly on my cars. Can't be too picky, or else my happiness level goes down way too much!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
99% of the time it's a Macan for me. I'm totally fine with that, as long as it gets me around while I'm in service and they do the work properly on my cars. Can't be too picky, or else my happiness level goes down way too much!
Fully agree. When I had a first-generation Cayenne many years ago, the dealership gave me a then-novel Panamera once but I presume they only did it to entice me to buy one.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's up to the dealer, but I've had some real crap in the past. When they have to get you a rental, and I got some completely beat up and dirty Altima once.

I'd expect something decent now though. The last time I took in the Macan, I just hung out at the really nice dealer waiting area, since it was quick service, and it was easier to just wait.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Macan 2.0 without comfort access and keyless start. I had to pull out the key from my pocket to unlock it and then put it in the slot to start it. I don't understand why a luxury brand like Porsche doesn't include comfort access standard. Every car I have owned since 2011 had it and most of them were cheaper than the Macan.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Macan 2.0 without comfort access and keyless start. I had to pull out the key from my pocket to unlock it and then put it in the slot to start it. I don't understand why a luxury brand like Porsche doesn't include comfort access standard. Every car I have owned since 2011 had it and most of them were cheaper than the Macan.
If you bought a base Macan, you're after the badge anyway. It's way more expensive than a Q5.

Anything equivalent to a Porsche for options is always going to be way cheaper. :p

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag

I just got my Taycan 4S back from a week at the dealership to deal with a dead 12V battery issue and they gave me a Taycan 4S loaner almost identical to my car. It was a very nice loaner and nice to have a similar car to drive while mine was serviced.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Macan or Cayenne here as well.
I suppose climate plays a certain role in the dealer's choice, because it's safer to loan clients 4x4 in wintertime

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got my Taycan 4S back from a week at the dealership to deal with a dead 12V battery issue and they gave me a Taycan 4S loaner almost identical to my car. It was a very nice loaner and nice to have a similar car to drive while mine was serviced.
What did they do about the 12v battery issue?