rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
What did they do about the 12v battery issue?
They think it has something to do with setting up timed charging profiles through the Connect app. They recommend not setting timed charging profiles until Porsche has a software fix for it. I'm not sure they really know what is going on, but I will let the forum know if the problem comes back again.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
NO LOANER offered at all.

The service here on is really bad.
No loaner offered even for their scheduled recall.
Not impressed by the Porsche Brand at all.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I tend to get something equivalent. Usually ask if I need the 4 seats and that gets you a Cayenne, if your driving a base car you don’t generally get amazing loaners I’ve found

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
  • Cayenne
  • Macan (current - Turbo)
  • Panamera
  • Boxster

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
3 times in = 3 times Macan = 3 times jealous on why the Navigation has better rendering (more crisp, better color scheme), better backup camera setup (no fish-eye distortion yet still having the birds-eye view) and flawless wifi Apple CarPLay. Also 3 times happy with my decision to ditch ICE.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
3 times in = 3 times Macan = 3 times jealous on why the Navigation has better rendering (more crisp, better color scheme), better backup camera setup (no fish-eye distortion yet still having the birds-eye view) and flawless wifi Apple CarPLay. Also 3 times happy with my decision to ditch ICE.
It indeed struck me in my loaner Macan how much more readable the navigation maps are, particularly because the Taycan uses this low-contrast color scheme of white roads and white text against a faint greyish background. I would happily trade in the ability to change my mood lighting into umpteen different colors for the more practical ability to choose between different color schemes in the maps.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Cayenne or Macan almost always. Occasionally I'll get a 'special' car like a Panamera e-hybrid or a Cayman, but that requires a request, or being close to purchasing a new car.;)

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a taycan Turbo and got a 4S for a loaner for 5 days...pretty cool

Taycan214

First Name
Kalesha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just got my Taycan 4S back from a week at the dealership to deal with a dead 12V battery issue and they gave me a Taycan 4S loaner almost identical to my car. It was a very nice loaner and nice to have a similar car to drive while mine was serviced.
Our Turbo is back in the shop for the same 12V battery error. Each time it’s been a Cayenne, & we’re not a fan at all. They told us our high voltage converter has to be replaced for this 2nd time so we’ll see how this goes. We haven’t even put 100 miles on it since we took delivery & as much as I love the car, at this point I may consider options to return the car.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
The phone hold message for my dealership talks up the loaner cars. However each time I have asked about them, I have been told, "Oh, loaner cars are next to impossible to get because we have so few."

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
The phone hold message for my dealership talks up the loaner cars. However each time I have asked about them, I have been told, "Oh, loaner cars are next to impossible to get because we have so few."
Which Colorado Dealership? I'm assuming one of the Denver dealers?

Colorado Springs Porsche is one of the best in the country. It's their only brand so they really focus on treating their customers amazingly well, and they have one of the best used Porsche inventories in the country.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
NO LOANER offered at all.

The service here on is really bad.
No loaner offered even for their scheduled recall.
Not impressed by the Porsche Brand at all.
The brand has nothing to do with your local dealership. Thats like saying you don't like cheese because your local market sold you a bad block. Anything to over exaggerate, though,

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The brand has nothing to do with your local dealership. Thats like saying you don't like cheese because your local market sold you a bad block. Anything to over exaggerate, though,
I understand that the dealer is a 3rd party but it is selected by the brand to be their official representative in the particular region. So from the customer's point of view the experience they receive from a dealer has to do with the brand especially if there are no other dealers nearby. The brand should hold minimum standards and make sure their dealers adhere to them.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I understand that the dealer is a 3rd party but it is selected by the brand to be their official representative in the particular region. So from the customer's point of view the experience they receive from a dealer has to do with the brand especially if there are no other dealers nearby. The brand should hold minimum standards and make sure their dealers adhere to them.
Agree 100%
Sponsored