What mileage are you getting?? I’m disappointed…

s5urf

First Name
stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I am in the same boat. 220-230 miles range, have done about 4k miles, range has not changed much over that period and slightly less cold days does not seem to affect it either, yet. Mostly journeys of 100 miles plus on A roads and motorways at mostly 70 ish with some spirited driving locally which reduces the range further. I don't know what the range would be at a steady 60 mph and do not intend to find out unless I decide it makes practical sense on a long journey to reduce recharge stops.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not really. Pretty flat round Lake Geneva. You certainly lose a lot of efficiency if lots of short journeys from cold (particularly when it’s cold). Fan/AC also uses a fair bit of power. Rain/wet roads also seems to impact efficiency.
Yes cold, wet and rough road surfaces will impact efficiency. To my big surprise speeds up to 150 yo 150 km/h as well as extra load had some impact, but much less than I anticipated.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I am in the same boat. 220-230 miles range, have done about 4k miles, range has not changed much over that period and slightly less cold days does not seem to affect it either, yet. Mostly journeys of 100 miles plus on A roads and motorways at mostly 70 ish with some spirited driving locally which reduces the range further. I don't know what the range would be at a steady 60 mph and do not intend to find out unless I decide it makes practical sense on a long journey to reduce recharge stops.
I know one has to have a few more charging stops on long road trips, but I really have started yo appreciate the very quick charging rates you have with the Taycan. The car charges in faster time than a biological pit stop plus a cup of coffe!

There is a nice video ffom Kyle Connor in Out of Spec showing this with several EV’s race
https://www.youtube.com/c/OutofSpecMotoring/videos

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I know one has to have a few more charging stops on long road trips, but I really have started yo appreciate the very quick charging rates you have with the Taycan. The car charges in faster time than a biological pit stop plus a cup of coffe!

There is a nice video ffom Kyle Connor in Out of Spec showing this with several EV’s race
https://www.youtube.com/c/OutofSpecMotoring/videos
Yep this is a game changer on a road trip!

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
with temps up to 15-20 degrees centigrade and roof box removed I got great mileage again on a motorway trip yesterday. Still on Winter tyres. Not sure if that makes much difference

32EBF454-B976-4158-8D0C-BA7117DE22DC.jpeg
Same journey a bit faster due to less traffic. Economy suffered by 10%

Porsche Taycan What mileage are you getting?? I’m disappointed… A99CB28A-5032-4BB4-B9F0-2D8131522075

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T 4S, 997 C4, Willys MB, 628 CSiA, ST4S, 750 Paso
Country flag
For a first time today I tried a bit to find how low can I go.
Small battery 4S with 20 rims and beautiful Finnish summer day +23 C
Porsche Taycan What mileage are you getting?? I’m disappointed… Screenshot_20220612_010701_de.porsche.one

• Wow
Reactions: B61

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
Hi, I have been running my 4S Cross Turismo for 6 months. The car is truly awesome but I’m disappointed with the mileage from a charge. I was expecting a charge of circa 280 miles and the best I can get to is 220 miles in all differing weather conditions. Once you turn on the air con, heated seats, etc you don’t get anywhere near this.
What’s the general mileage others are getting?
Is this about right or should I be talking to Porsche?
Be great to hear some feedback.
Thanks.
Would you be as disappointed with the range of Panamera, Cayenne, or Macan?

I am guessing you might not even check the real world range of those vehicles. I focus more on the State of Charge (SOC) which is more like the percentage of fuel remaining in the tank of of an internal combustion vehicle.

The Porsche range estimator (guess-o-meter) can be very accurate, but it is still only an estimate.

We were able to go approximately 299 miles at, possibly at times significantly faster than posted speed limits due to Porsche routing us to a random Green Fields 150 kW DC Fast Charger (DCFC); did not want to waste time trying to download an app/upload payment information at a DCFC that might or might not function. Ended-up leaving and heading straight to the destination where we arrived with 3% SOC and promptly charged at an Electrify America.

I am very impressed with the Taycan's range. If anything I would say our Taycan is pessimistic about actual range. The only way to know the real world range is to find out the hard way. Don't put too much faith in the guess-o-meter which is trying to keep you out of trouble and maintain Porsche's good name.

Last edited:

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T 4S, 997 C4, Willys MB, 628 CSiA, ST4S, 750 Paso
Country flag
For a first time today I tried a bit to find how low can I go.
Small battery 4S with 20 rims and beautiful Finnish summer day +23 C
Screenshot_20220612_010701_de.porsche.one.jpg

Too tired for calculations last night so..
14,8 kWh/100 km is
4.2 mi/kWh in non-SI units
With small battery this could give
71 kWh/14,8 kWh/100km=479km of range ie. 298 mi.
There's room for improvement as the driving was not perfect. Had to make one sharp passing (nobody passed me 😁) and I used airconditioning in eco most of time.

Last edited: