BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
My understanding is that a standard 4S has "Sport" mode, but not "Sport Plus" - is that correct?

If I order the "Performance Package" and "Performance Plus Battery" does that enable "Sport Plus"? Are there other ways to get it?
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I think you need the Sports Chrono to get Sports Plus. Gives you the handy dial on the steering wheel too.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My understanding is that a standard 4S has "Sport" mode, but not "Sport Plus" - is that correct?

If I order the "Performance Package" and "Performance Plus Battery" does that enable "Sport Plus"? Are there other ways to get it?
4S has a Sport Plus setting for the suspension (PASM) but that's all.

All Taycans have the Sport button / function which gives you Launch control too.

Sports Chrono will give you Sport Plus proper (all features) along with the Individual Mode (where you can preset many car settings to your own taste).

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag

Sports plus (as compared to sport) sets the suspension to Sports Plus (which you can do without the Sports Plus setting by clicking the shock on the drivers display) and drops the suspension to low and turns sports sound on, it may also have slightly more aggressive throttle response (unconfirmed).

As far as I know it doesn't add anything you cannot do manually without, it just makes it much easier especially with the extra mode. I personally didn't spec it, to me it's more of a question if you want the steering wheel and sports chrono.

Personally, I find it more engaging setting each option manually kind of like flipping switches on an aircraft, makes you feel like you're more engaged setting up the car.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Sports plus (as compared to sport) sets the suspension to Sports Plus (which you can do without the Sports Plus setting by clicking the shock on the drivers display) and drops the suspension to low and turns sports sound on, it may also have slightly more aggressive throttle response (unconfirmed).

As far as I know it doesn't add anything you cannot do manually without, it just makes it much easier especially with the extra mode. I personally didn't spec it, to me it's more of a question if you want the steering wheel and sports chrono.

Personally, I find it more engaging setting each option manually kind of like flipping switches on an aircraft, makes you feel like you're more engaged setting up the car.
+1 on that. My 4S doesn't have Sports Chrono, and at first I thought I was "missing out" on launch, better handling etc. But it's not the case.

Example: I've had the car on a quiet secondary road (no traffic, no pedestrians, totally safe) and put the car in 'SPORT PLUS' and mashed the brake pedal. Pressed straight to the floor the car goes into 4 wheel locked mode.

A green 'HOLD' sign comes on, which then allows you prepare for a stomp on the accelerator pedal. You can create a sort of DYI-type launch. It's not the legitimate method but it works for me.

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
+1 on that. My 4S doesn't have Sports Chrono, and at first I thought I was "missing out" on launch, better handling etc. But it's not the case.

Example: I've had the car on a quiet secondary road (no traffic, no pedestrians, totally safe) and put the car in 'SPORT PLUS' and mashed the brake pedal. Pressed straight to the floor the car goes into 4 wheel locked mode.

A green 'HOLD' sign comes on, which then allows you prepare for a stomp on the accelerator pedal. You can create a sort of DYI-type launch. It's not the legitimate method but it works for me.
Taycan 4S in Sport Mode (no sports plus) also has launch control, it's doable in both Sport and Sport plus mode as per the documentation! Are you saying you set the car up slightly more aggressively with sports plus suspension? If you set everything entirely manual (shocks and height), but leave it in normal mode you won't get the launch control.

It will request first gear though (Normal mode starts in second gear unless mashing the pedal), but won't give you the extra horsepower from my understanding.
Sponsored