What ride height do people use in day to day driving?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi
Just picked up my RWD (with air suspension / no chrono) and its the first car I've had with adjustable chassis height.

Just briefly, what ride height do people use in day to day driving?

Appreciate lift may be for speed bumps etc, but assuming the roads are pretty smooth and flat, is lower = better?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi
Just picked up my RWD (with air suspension / no chrono) and its the first car I've had with adjustable chassis height.

Just briefly, what ride height do people use in day to day driving?

Appreciate lift may be for speed bumps etc, but assuming the roads are pretty smooth and flat, is lower = better?
Leave in Normal. It is speed sensitive and will adjust accordingly. Additionally, if you switch to RANGE mode the car will lower to its lowest point and elevate the spoiler once a pre-determined speed has been reached and close the active vents.

On UK roads you will feel the bumps if you drive around on low settings not to mention mishaps at sleeping policemen and the like.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
In Colorado we have a lot of steep inclines that can cause problems on the lowest setting. (If you are transitioning from a flat road to a steep hill, there often is an inflection point in the road where the car scrapes.) I often leave it in normal and then aggressively use the lift function.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I'm still settling in with the car but for day-to-day commuting and normal driving, I'm between 'normal' or 'lowered' height with 'normal' or 'sport' chassis setting for comfort and avoiding unexpected obstacles. I also like to feel a difference when changing to the maximum attack 'sport plus' mode. Keep in mind that it is not just smooth roads to think about, running on the full 'low' height and softest 'normal' chassis can lead to bottoming out and scraping during high speed bumps/undulations.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
My "individual" driving mode has the ride height set at "lowered". I've gently scraped the front end a couple of times over dips using low so, while I like the look on low, the next step up seems to work best for all purpose driving.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In Sydney roads are pretty poor, so I leave it in Normal and use the lift function for speed bumps, large potholes, driveways, etc. Even with lift function activated I scrape the front spoiler at certain junctions and on one regular car park entry.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
LOW: Steep parking entrances, speed humps, roundabouts, sudden inclines and awful scraping sound (front fascia on pavement etc.) ...

NORMAL / LIFT: Peace with the Universe.

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Range mode(low) on the high-way, normal in city/town, normal elevated when needed in city/town(we have a lot of speed bumps here), sport plus(low) when feel like it :cool:
Sponsored