What type of car wash do you get?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
The final rinse with the CR unit is at low volume at a sheeting like flow rate. The unit has a TDS meter. The cost of the filter media might seem high but I have only changed it once in the 6 or so years I have owned the system so it is not too expensive. It is amazing to leave water droplets on the car and have them dry with no mineral spots.
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
First time I’ve read about spotless CR. The cost of replacement filters is pretty nasty. How many gallons do you use to rinse off your Taycan?
The amount of water treated by the system will vary depending on the hardness of your water. With fairly hard water (TDS count of 150) CR says the filters will produce over 500 gallons or probably enough to wash your car at least 40-50 times which, at $129 per resin refill, works out to less than $3 per wash.

An alternative is to sign up for their "Power User" program, which I did. As a power user I get enough resin to refill both canisters 3 times for $200 which is essentially 1/2 price per refill. The catch is that you must return the used resin every 6 months. The way to do this is not to order right away when you refill the third time but to wait until the last refill in your order is saturated, then order. Doing it this way means that you really only need to go through 2 refills in the next 6 month period from your latest order. I have no problem doing this as I use the CR to wash my three vehicles, a 25' Airstream trailer, house windows, a rooftop solar array; anything that I want to wash without leaving spots.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
The amount of water treated by the system will vary depending on the hardness of your water. With fairly hard water (TDS count of 150) CR says the filters will produce over 500 gallons or probably enough to wash your car at least 40-50 times which, at $129 per resin refill, works out to less than $3 per wash.

An alternative is to sign up for their "Power User" program, which I did. As a power user I get enough resin to refill both canisters 3 times for $200 which is essentially 1/2 price per refill. The catch is that you must return the used resin every 6 months. The way to do this is not to order right away when you refill the third time but to wait until the last refill in your order is saturated, then order. Doing it this way means that you really only need to go through 2 refills in the next 6 month period from your latest order. I have no problem doing this as I use the CR to wash my three vehicles, a 25' Airstream trailer, house windows, a rooftop solar array; anything that I want to wash without leaving spots.
500 gallons I can live with. I thought it was closer to 150. My water is fairly clean.

I also have a roof solar array. I’m curious how you clean yours. I could use a pressure washer to spray it up there, but I’m not about to climb up on the roof without safety gear.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
500 gallons I can live with. I thought it was closer to 150. My water is fairly clean.

I also have a roof solar array. I’m curious how you clean yours. I could use a pressure washer to spray it up there, but I’m not about to climb up on the roof without safety gear.
We have a two story house with a wrap around front porch. The roof of the porch is not that steep so I can easily climb out the upstairs bedroom window onto the porch roof and from there I can reach all the panels with a long extension pole, a window washing pad, and a bucket of car wash soap. The CR spotless unit stays on the ground with a 50' hose attached and I rinse off after scrubbing . It takes me about 45 minutes start to finish to wash 26 panels.

FYI, here is a chart from the CR site which correlates water output with water hardness.

CRSpotless_Water_Chart.jpg (1272×857)

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
First time I’ve read about spotless CR. The cost of replacement filters is pretty nasty. How many gallons do you use to rinse off your Taycan?
You can also buy the resin in "generic" form (ie not from CR) and it is MUCH cheaper that way.

Just Google "DI Resin" and you will get tons of results

Last edited:

Vince222

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Tesla Model S
Country flag
I have used a hog hair brush for years without ever a problem. Think about it. If their is a piece of sand on the car that did not come off with the first rinse and that piece of sand gets under a mitt it could scratch with every movement and there is more pressure on the sand. That same piece of sand on the tip of a 4" hair could never scratch. Hog hair brush is the way to go.

Matrix1776

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So how do you deal with salt roads when hand washing? Or do you just garage them all winter. I would say at least weekly birds have done their business, and on highways, there's always the occasional debris.

If you absolutely need 100% perfection, then you're probably getting the PPF, Ceramic, and hand washing/low pressure.

If you can do with 98%, an automatic soft-cloth car wash is probably fine.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
Two bucket with No Rinse wash and shine.

Pat dry with a good cloth.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I hate washing my car as it's black and hard to make look good after washing. I joined a local car wash for $20 a month with unlimited washes. I go at least twice a week if not more to keep my car looking like new! They do hand dry which I think really helps.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I hate washing my car as it's black and hard to make look good after washing. I joined a local car wash for $20 a month with unlimited washes. I go at least twice a week if not more to keep my car looking like new! They do hand dry which I think really helps.
wow! I’m just surprised as a black car is so easy to micro scratch with a car wash.
Don’t you see thousands of micro scratches when you car is In the garage under the neon light?

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
wow! I’m just surprised as a black car is so easy to micro scratch with a car wash.
Don’t you see thousands of micro scratches when you car is In the garage under the neon light?
I am nuts with my cars, I am the guy who parks two miles away in a parking lot so no one parks near me. I would never use a car wash if the car had any chance of scratches or anything else.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
You can also buy the resin in "generic" form (ie not from CR) and it is MUCH cheaper that way.

Just Google "DI Resin" and you will get tons of results
Recommend buying an inexpensive TDS meter to check your water quality before proceeding with buying a DI system.

The city water coming into my system is 20 PPM so my CR filters will provide a life which is acceptable to me. You’ll want to size your system based on your water quality and planned usage.

good luck.

miatnorman94

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
When it comes to car washes, I prefer a touchless option. I want to ensure that my car is clean without the risk of scratches or damage to the exterior. A commercial pressure washing service like Sparkle Wash could be a good option for tougher stains or grime.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Two bucket with No Rinse wash and shine.

Pat dry with a good cloth.
Love No Rinse. My car has been spotless during the drought ("waste" can even be used to water plants). Perfect for California summers. Most of the last year has been hose wash once every six weeks and No Rinse 3 or 4 times in between. Going to continue that routine.
Sponsored