MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Car has just turned 2 weeks old and, living out in the countryside, the new car sheen rapidly disappeared courtesy of the slurry tankers dripping cow cr@p all over the narrow roads as well as chewing up the grass banks spewing mud over the same as well.

Anyway, it's to be expected and the guys have got to get their work done so, I decided to try out a recommended guy who has started out mobile detailing. He did a great job and, although I'm not adverse to doing my own cleaning, I'll be getting him up on a reasonably regular basis to do a proper job.

Porsche Taycan What type of car wash do you get? IMG_0437

Porsche Taycan What type of car wash do you get? 332048095_1955892818097270_8630193221847608147_n

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Related question: I'd appreciate any tips as to the best drying cloth. I used some Costco microfiber cloths, but they are not quite as soft as possible and left some extremely minor scratches (barely noticeable even on close inspection). This is possibly due to not switching out the cloths as they pick up a little dirt, so my fault probably.
If I am going to bother to hand wash, I may as well use the best equipment.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Related question: I'd appreciate any tips as to the best drying cloth. I used some Costco microfiber cloths, but they are not quite as soft as possible and left some extremely minor scratches (barely noticeable even on close inspection). This is possibly due to not switching out the cloths as they pick up a little dirt, so my fault probably.
I use a California water blade for majority then Costco microfibers for door jambs, wheels, tight areas. I throw them away once soiled since the large pack last me 6-8 months and for the price it's worth it. Full body PPF & coating is a blessing when it comes to washing and obviously I don't get love marks (swirls) due to the PPF.

The same Collinite 476S I apply to the wheels I also apply to the door jambs.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you're interested in another level of detail related to car washing... you might want to check out Obsessed Garage on YouTube. There's also an online store with all of the equipment they use... seems pretty well researched.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If you're interested in another level of detail related to car washing... you might want to check out Obsessed Garage on YouTube. There's also an online store with all of the equipment they use... seems pretty well researched.
Might look that up. I've found AMMO NYC on Youtube very good for information too.

His videos are very therapeutic too.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Might look that up. I've found AMMO NYC on Youtube very good for information too.

His videos are very therapeutic too.
Agreed. Larry is the man.

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
My Taycan is 2 weeks old (with me) and I started thinking about how to get it washed. I've mostly kept it under a car cover.
Here are the options I was thinking of:
- Hand wash at home (but I have very hard water, so can't keep all of the water spots off)
- Local hand wash place, drive in, drive out
- Local hand wash place, car gets pushed through in neutral
- Automatic, drive in, drive out, touchless
- Automatic, drive in, drive out, non-touchless (the kind with the big floppy things)
- Automatic, car gets pushed along in neutral, non-touchless

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks
I hand-wash at home:

- Pressure washer with Foam cannon for rinse and soap-up
- Microfiber cloths(1) and two-bucket where needed, but often not required
- Pressure washer rinse with CR-Spotless DIC-20 deionizer
- Blow dry with Makita 36v blower

(1) A new cloth won't scratch, but an older one that has picked up some crud will, so sort your cloths by age and use and cycle in new ones frequently, moving the old ones to other uses.

Last edited:

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Used to hand wash, then I had two kids. Time is a luxury. Good ol fashion Costco car wash it is now

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
For about 8 months of the year, I use a basic pressure washer set-up with foam cannon and deionized water. For the colder months I use a rinseless wash method. Either one can achieve good results.

Porsche Taycan What type of car wash do you get? 7BEDA801-3028-4E7B-8FA0-59F0A2C0C7BE

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
For about 8 months of the year, I use a basic pressure washer set-up with foam cannon and deionized water. For the colder months I use a rinseless wash method. Either one can achieve good results.

7BEDA801-3028-4E7B-8FA0-59F0A2C0C7BE.jpeg
Follow obsessed garage? Yeah me too, what a rabbit hole but I love it.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Follow obsessed garage? Yeah me too, what a rabbit hole but I love it.
I follow several including OG. OG is good for those that want a solution already developed for them. I prefer taking concepts and building things that are specific to my needs.

As an example, my wall mount set-up works well for my cold climates where I get freezing temps in my garage.