MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
If you go into the ambient light settings, select "dynamic" it is also in the options menu for the media screen

Thank you. I'm 6 foot, but the car is also in its lowest setting. I fit well, it's very comfortable. Not as spacious as my Panamera but it is more than enough for me

I have never seen anything on my brakes... But I know the weather here isn't as harsh as you have. Which rims do you have?

Haha, it seems to only work with songs on Apple Music and Radio tracks with artwork. Radio station artwork doesn't see, to work

Oh no, I'm not talking about that "kick". I should have said "boost". It feels more like the 2 second overboots arrives once the car is already off going at a good speed, then you get the gear change.
I have the turbo aero fitted.. I guess I have to raise the temperature in the garage, and speed up ventilatio, maybe this will help..

Porsche Taycan What you might want to know about 4s ownership 2EBBA2B1-4672-42D5-A2D0-FA83DAEB9C7B
Sponsored

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Regarding corrosion and standard steel brakes, I‘ve noticed when speed is very low, that just before coming to a complete stop, then the discs engage and regeneration turns off.

When wet and damp and just before parking in the garage, I therefore stop 2 or 3 times with firm brake pedal pressure when rolling down the driveway - this effectively “cleans” the discs, and they are dry afterwards = no corrosion when parked :cool:

I do the same after washing the vehicle - do not park it immediately afterwards - remember to brake dry your discs...

Fawad

First Name
Fawad Munir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I’ve had my 4s+ for just over 2 weeks now and I thought I’d answer a few questions as well as give my thoughts of the car so far.
By the way, I did a whole baby shower when my car arrived so if you’re confused why there’s a bunch of media with people standing around it, that’s why looool

First things first, it’s fast. I drove a turbo a few weeks before getting my car and it’s not a massively noticeable difference when the car is in Sport+ or Sport mode. I mean it’s clear that the turbo is faster, but the 4s is very much fast enough compared to other cars on its class. It feels a lot faster than my Panamera and I also own a 2020 Bentley Continental V8 which can’t compete in terms of speed, acceleration and lateral stability. I also smoked a C63s on the M40 a few days ago, that was fun ?

Interestingly, the launch control doesn’t seem to give you the full 570ish BHP until you’re at about 40mph. Trust me, you feel it. Every-time I’ve launched with people in the car, they have noted that the initial launch is fast, but there is also another kick that happens later on. It’s hard to describe but I just thought I’d note it as I wasn’t sure how it would work.

Also, Rear wheel steering makes a huge difference to the car. HUGE. The turbo I drove didn’t have it and this car feels a lot more nimble and ready to change direction. Wether it’s on the motorway or tight roads.
I didn’t spec PDCC and I’m hindsight, I wish I did. The Turbo I drove had it and it made that car feel a lot more “racey” as it would stay flat through every corner I powered through. So if you can, spec it. I thought it wasn’t needed because the car already had a a low centre of gravity, but it makes a massive difference. Although, the standard car is no bus.

Range wise, I’ve been doing pretty well. I’ve been averaging around 230 miles per charge with spirited driving and cold weather. I’m interested to see what it’s like on warm weather, I’m pretty confident I could do at least 270 if I was sensible. BTW I usually charge to 85% but on this occasion I wanted to show how much range I get (before the battery life police mention I should charge to Max).

I have also noticed that if you want to fast charge, you should enter the charger into the cars sat NAV. It will then preheat the battery to 32 - 35c which will then allow you to fast charge. If I don’t the temp stays in the low to mid 20s. I went to an ionity charger and it was charging at 253kw.

The interior is insane, I specc’d mine with Crayon interior, rose gold details, Panoramic roof and passenger screen. Every-time people look inside they just say “woah”. I feel like the lighter interior and detailing really makes a quite straightforward interior have more “occasion”. This coupled with the passenger display seems to blow people away. I’ve read a lot of comments on how the panoramic roof isn’t functional or needed as you only notice it from the back seat, but it honestly makes the cabin feel a lot more pleasant to sit on. Although the aggressive roof lines of the standard roof are missed.

In terms of bugs, I’ve had a few minor issues but nothing major really. Although some of my settings menu options seem to appear and disappear as they please ?. I still can’t get the range mode configuration menu to come back.
Also, when I open my charge ports from in the car, 45% of the time it will say that the opposite port is obstructed. For now I just open it from the touch-sensor-fin-thing.
Finally, sometimes the volume stops adjusting so it gets stuck at 0 ?. But no other major issues.

Just wanted to bulletpoint and answer some questions that I have had prior to getting my car...

Performance Battery + - Yes. The added range is needed.

Rear Wheel Steering - After driving a car without it I can very much say that it makes a huge difference to the agility of the car when making tight turns, parking and general city driving. It also feels a lot more snappy when changing lanes on the motorway. I would recommend over and over.

PDCC - When I optioned my car, I chose not to go for it. But I drove a turbo with it a month ago and my car defineily feels a lot less planted when driving hard, if you can, I would recommend going for it. The Turbo I drove was a joy when pushing hard. However, the car still feels great without it, but if I could go back in time, I would spec it.

Passenger Display - I am very happy I went for it, my Fiancé loves it. At first it was working even when she wasn’t in the car, but now it next gives a screensaver. I messaged Kufatec to see if their video in motion unit will enable function without a passenger and they said yes in a roundabout kind of way. So I may order and see how it goes ?

Standard brakes - They are actually big enough as they are without PSCB. If you're not bothered, just get the standards

Ambient Lighting - Prior to getting my car no one told me that you could set the ambient lighting to change depending on which song was playing. ? Also, it looks great.

Electric Sport sound - YES

Sports Chrono - If you like pushing from time to time, the Sport+ Chassis and throttle set up really make the car feel a lot more "to the-point" also the dial on the wheel makes it really easy to go between modes without having to navigate the screen.

Pano Roof - Opens the interior massively

Mobile Connect charger - literally all the charger you actually need. It’s not really mobile so leave it at home and it can be a great dedicated charge point for those not bothered about having a dedicated unit

If you have any questions just drop a reply and I’ll answer as soon as I can

E84DFBA8-8305-4D07-876A-CD45787B5900.jpeg

49415FB2-30BE-4000-9C8B-34CA67F283F5.jpeg

6BD828AF-2EA9-4AED-BF83-17C2769C1183.jpeg

9F25B0E2-DA0A-4C9A-81C3-5FCA20DB64F3.jpeg

9E7E9A75-D79F-4319-9A3E-812E250E9AB1.png

2451B2EC-C4C7-4EEB-8F9F-D77EB7AE79FC.jpeg

Fabulous Summary. Mine is v similar to yours however I specced Red interior. You’ve got me thinking about rear wheel steering and PDCC for future model.
BTW best car I’ve ever (niggles included)

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
If you go into the ambient light settings, select "dynamic" it is also in the options menu for the media screen

Thank you. I'm 6 foot, but the car is also in its lowest setting. I fit well, it's very comfortable. Not as spacious as my Panamera but it is more than enough for me

I have never seen anything on my brakes... But I know the weather here isn't as harsh as you have. Which rims do you have?

Haha, it seems to only work with songs on Apple Music and Radio tracks with artwork. Radio station artwork doesn't see, to work

Oh no, I'm not talking about that "kick". I should have said "boost". It feels more like the 2 second overboots arrives once the car is already off going at a good speed, then you get the gear change.

I guess maybe the 4s must have a different menu, mine doesn’t have that option
Too bad

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can watch TV on the second screen?? Never know this!

OP
OP
Tazer

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag

I guess maybe the 4s must have a different menu, mine doesn’t have that option
Too bad
is yours MY2020 or MY21

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
The interior is insane, I specc’d mine with Crayon interior, rose gold details, Panoramic roof and passenger screen. Every-time people look inside they just say “woah”. I feel like the lighter interior and detailing really makes a quite straightforward interior have more “occasion”. This coupled with the passenger display seems to blow people away.
Do you have any more pics/vids of the interior please? In daylight and night without flash. Seeing this is making me want to change my spec from black leather ?
Sponsored