What's this fuss of missing part and waiting at port ?

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
So, I read so many posts and thread, where people are saying, their car is waiting at the shipping port, because Porsche is waiting to install some part or something.
What's that ?
All this jobs would have been done in the factory itself. Why would they do all this engineering work after the cars reach the ship dock yard ?

What all this story plot ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
soamz

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
First I have heard this one....
I read so many people saying, their car waiting at port for some waiting part for burmester amp etc etc. Very weird, how a company like Porsche keeps incomplete cars out of factory

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's not the normal procedure.

It's global supply chain issues (post covid).

All manfacturers are currently affected to a greater or lesser degree.

Tesla announced today a fall in production for this reason.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...iveries-fall-first-time-two-years-2022-07-05/

The main difference is Porsche don't seem to communicate it very well......because there are 10 other people in line behind you that want your car.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
This is done to relieve storage pressure in Zuffenhausen and distribute it to the VW docks worldwide.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So, I read so many posts and thread, where people are saying, their car is waiting at the shipping port, because Porsche is waiting to install some part or something.
What's that ?
All this jobs would have been done in the factory itself. Why would they do all this engineering work after the cars reach the ship dock yard ?

An example was the Tyre Pressure Monitoring (TPM) valves. Cars where shipped without these due to shortages but not delivered to customers (illegal in some countries to do so). As the parts became available they would have been shipped and fitted before completing the final delivery to the customer.

This process would help to smooth the overall distribution of completed vehicles and have them distributed to the final country of destruction.

Software updates were another example in situations were a fault was known but an update was not available. If this was safety related then clearly the vehicle could not be handed over to the customer and depending on timing could have been impounded at the docks.

Lots of reasons therefore but these are unprecedented times for obvious reasons.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
They don't have enough of certain parts at the time of production but they have a shipping vessel schedule to worried about so the car has to be shipped... Then the missing parts get added at the port/dealership.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
What's that ?

I don't think the parts story is quite correct ! But the labour strike is for real !
Sponsored