What's your real world range with Non-Plus Battery throughout the year?

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Hi everyone,
I am planning to order the RWD Taycan with the standard performance battery and would like to know about real range values throughout the year. Must if not all review cars have the bigger one configured.

Appreciating your input.

Thanks
Sponsored

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Hi everyone,
I am planning to order the RWD Taycan with the standard performance battery and would like to know about real range values throughout the year. Must if not all review cars have the bigger one configured.

Appreciating your input.

Thanks
Much too early to tell for the RWD model (pretty sure none have been delivered yet, other than the review models). There's probably not too many AWD Taycans with the Standard battery either, but maybe someone will pop along who has some experience.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
I was referring to the AWD as it shouldn’t be too much of a difference.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
The Porsche range calculator is actually very accurate if you are honest with the temperature and type of driving. Have you tried that? I find it easily with 10% of real life

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Porsche Taycan What's your real world range with Non-Plus Battery throughout the year? E304C411-7B38-4CDB-B9E8-3EC91BA4603D

This is for 4s, performance battery plus in winter+city+car on street overnight.

at 83.7, that would be about 230km or 150miles of range (this also includes the break-in period, maybe the range will improve).

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just must my 2 euros/cents. worth.

You are asking the right people on this forum. Lot's of experience, more than your local dealer will have.

You really want to be careful about the smaller battery. To many corners cut may result in a really big cost in a car that doesn't meet your needs.

I am working on some range tests with hard numbers for the bigger battery, so maybe have a little incite but there are folks here with a lot more experience.

Really understand your driving requirements. Maybe post specifics here. Daily driving requirements, how far and how fast? Do you do long trips? Can you plug it in at night? Every Night? How cold does it get? What is the preferred battery size in your location?

I think those cover the major requirements.

This is a great car, but needs to be sized and spec'd appropriately.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Thanks for your input guys. The Taycan is already ordered, I was just curious about a reality check on the estimated ranges using Porsche’s calculator.

But to answer your questions:
- Can Charger at home (solar energy)
- 70% driving is short trips
- 20% driving is trips to a destination 80km one way (family)
- 10% driving is >80km (vacation, business trips by car - usually flying)
- Parking in Garage
- Temperatures of +35 to -5 degrees Celsius

Toro69

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I was referring to the AWD as it shouldn’t be too much of a difference.
Thanks for your input guys. The Taycan is already ordered, I was just curious about a reality check on the estimated ranges using Porsche’s calculator.

But to answer your questions:
- Can Charger at home (solar energy)
- 70% driving is short trips
- 20% driving is trips to a destination 80km one way (family)
- 10% driving is >80km (vacation, business trips by car - usually flying)
- Parking in Garage
- Temperatures of +35 to -5 degrees Celsius
I have the standard battery - performance battery. I charge at home, do a lot of local journeys and a few long ones. Been fine for me. Range in the winter on full is circa 185-195 miles.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Thanks. Does full mean 85% or 100%? That’s about 310km which is a great value for winter temperature!

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks. Does full mean 85% or 100%? That’s about 310km which is a great value for winter temperature!
Yeah, given my Winter range is 190-220 miles and I have the Performance Battery Plus (big battery), that's quite phenomenal range with short journeys and the smaller battery.

Toro69

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
The
Even when it says 100% it isn’t from what I understand. If I charge it to the 100% on the dash in the car it is circa 185 miles
Sponsored