Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Wheel insurance? My sales rep is encouraging me to buy”wheel insurance”; $2500 for three years. His reasoning is a Taycan wheel costs $3500+/-
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Don’t know where you live, but where I live in New York, I’ve totally needed it. I spent about $2000 repairing the wheels on my wife’s Audi over two years.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Depends what it covers, but my dealer sells a more comprehensive package that includes wheel and tire insurance and covers nail punctures, flats, etc, as well as curb rash repair and road damage.

Porsche recommends replacement of all punctured tires (to maintain speed ratings of the tire, I think), so be prepared to replace fairly costly tires, especially the 21s and 20s.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
I just made an appointment today to cash in on my wheel insurance for my 2017 Panamera 4S (so I can trade it in on my Taycan Turbo, which started production last week). I had a “wheel rash“ and want it repaired to get best trade-in.

K2Kraze

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S; Macan GTS; 718 Boxster
Country flag
Here in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area, we used the tire/wheel insurance plan on both of our Porsches enough over the last three years to pay the coverage twice over.... from nails to screws to an errant man hole cover that damaged the wheels on the one side as well - which were replaced new, not refinished. We will def get the wheel/tire coverage for our Taycan coming May/June.

Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
I have the insurance..does it cover when I messed up the rim parking
Sponsored