First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I bought the plan.

I've lost too many expensive tires through normal driving around town over the years – but it's the wheel damage that attracted me to the plan.

I had a bad wheel on my BMW 540 sport that leaked air. Cost a bundle to replace (could not be repaired), and curb rash one these black gloss Mission E's would be well worth the insurance (covers up to eight repairs per year on the wheels - God forbid).

If I can get on the track, other bad things could happen to the wheels too...

(I am getting a coat of ceramic put on the wheels to give that extra polish and ease cleaning)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I bought the plan.

I've lost too many expensive tires through normal driving around town over the years – but it's the wheel damage that attracted me to the plan.

I had a bad wheel on my BMW 540 sport that leaked air. Cost a bundle to replace (could not be repaired), and curb rash one these black gloss Mission E's would be well worth the insurance (covers up to eight repairs per year on the wheels - God forbid).

If I can get on the track, other bad things could happen to the wheels too...

(I am getting a coat of ceramic put on the wheels to give that extra polish and ease cleaning)
Why did you end up paying? And through

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I bought the plan for my Cayenne in 2014. I never had an occasion to use it. Right after the coverage period ended, you guessed it - got a nail in one of the tires from a construction site near my house. I got a new tire from Discount Tire and have been using them for the past 4 years with no problems.

I did purchase the plan for the Taycan. I took delivery a couple weeks ago and no problems to report with the wheels or tires so far.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why did you end up paying?
Do you mean "What"? I paid $2,860. The coverage is called "Multi-Coeverate Protection Services, Premier Tire & Wheel Protection" from Porsche.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Regarding tire warranty, this is what I found:

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/vehicleinformation/warranty/

Tire Warranty from Tire Manufacturer Limited Warranty

Original equipment tires on new Porsche vehicles are warranted by their respective manufacturer as detailed in the applicable tire manufacturer’s warranty statement. The terms and conditions of the tire manufacturer’s warranties are independently determined by the tire manufacturers without input from PCNA.

We recommend either contacting or visiting the specific tire manufacturer’s website, below, to ensure that you have the most current warranty information that applies to your tires.

Goodyear
Hankook
Pirelli
Michelin
Continental
Falken
Bridgestone
Nexen
Yokohama

Should you have difficulty in obtaining the applicable warranty service from a tire manufacturer, your authorized Porsche dealer will assist you in resolving the situation. Instructions for proper tire care and maintenance are contained in the Wheels and Tires section of your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.

2021 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 2.4 MB)
2021 US Taycan Warranty Manual (PDF; 17.7 MB)
2020 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 2.2 MB)
2020 US Taycan Warranty Manual (PDF; 6.6 MB)
2019 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 1 MB)
2018 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 2.3 MB)
2017 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 1.6 MB)
2016 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 1.7 MB)

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Do you mean "What"? I paid $2,860. The coverage is called "Multi-Coeverate Protection Services, Premier Tire & Wheel Protection" from Porsche.
What's the duration of coverage?

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's the duration of coverage?
Four years if I remember correctly (I was pretty distracted by the bright red beast outside the window beckoning me...).

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
I bought the Porsche plan - mostly because I got the Mission E wheels, which are reported to be really easy to get curb rash, costing a lot to fix. The plan covers curb rash as well as tire issues (as I understand it).

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I bought the Porsche plan - mostly because I got the Mission E wheels, which are reported to be really easy to get curb rash, costing a lot to fix. The plan covers curb rash as well as tire issues (as I understand it).
Unfortunately, I didn't purchase the plan and I just scraped my front, passenger Mission E wheel after 16,000 miles and 18 months of ownership :headbang:. I had been so careful and blew it. I am in denial so haven't brought in for an estimate yet to get repaired.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately, I didn't purchase the plan and I just scraped my front, passenger Mission E wheel after 16,000 miles and 18 months of ownership :headbang:. I had been so careful and blew it. I am in denial so haven't brought in for an estimate yet to get repaired.
Sorry to hear that. But please, once you find out the repair costs I’d appreciate it. It will help my own personal justification in buying the protection plan. We have the mission E wheels painted to match the body color, so I was deathly afraid of doing exactly what happened to you, it always happens when you are distracted. We got 6 years of protection for $2600ish, includes wheel and tire, paintless dent removal, windshield chip/crack repair, and key fob replacement. Also refundable prorated if we sell it early and have not claimed more than the cost of the plan.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
the tire/wheel package comes with windshield replacement and ding repairs. Porsche also does not repair tires so if you get a flat they will replace the tire with new replacement. Further unused portion of the warranty is refunded if you when you sell the car before end of the 5 year term. I'll always be buying this I did it for my 911 and now being applied to my Taycan. I lost big time with tire and wheel damage as soon as I bought my previous car years ago...lesson learned!

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are the Porsche Protection Plan Multi-Coverage Protection Terms & Conditions (full plan attached)

PREMIER TIRE & WHEEL PROTECTION

A. STRUCTURAL DAMAGE

In the event a tire or wheel attached to the Covered Vehicle suffers Structural Damage due to a covered Road Hazard, this Agreement will reimburse the Customer for the approved costs associated with the replacement of the damaged tire and/or wheel subject to the following terms and conditions:

1. If a tire and/or wheel suffers Structural Damage, Administrator will reimburse You for (1) an approved replacement tire and/or wheel of like kind and quality, and which meets the manufacturer’s specifications, including diameter measurement, at the average regional retail market rate and (2) the approved costs associated with the replacement including mounting, balancing, valve stems, environmental fees and taxes. Replacement parts utilized in covered repairs will be genuine Porsche new parts, Porsche-approved parts, re- manufactured parts, or like kind and quality parts, based upon availability.
  2. We will cover the replacement of tire pressure monitors if they are damaged by a Road Hazard. This Agreement does not cover the replacement of air pressure monitors that are damaged while removing the tire or wheel from the Covered Vehicle.
  3. We will reimburse You for towing costs necessitated by damage caused by a covered Road Hazard up to two hundred fifty ($250) dollars.
  4. Other than carbon fiber wheels and magnesium wheels, replacement or aftermarket tires and wheels that are the same diameter as the damaged OEM tire and/or wheel will be covered for the Agreement Term. Any replacement or aftermarket tires or wheels failing to meet the Covered Vehicle’s manufacturer’s specifications are excluded from coverage.
  5. You are responsible for a fifty ($50) dollar per visit deductible for each claim filed under the Premier Tire & Wheel Protection coverage. Fifty ($50) dollars will be deducted from any reimbursement You may be entitled to under this Agreement. Only one (1) fifty ($50) dollar deductible will be incurred per claim regardless of how many tires and/or wheels are being replaced at that time.

B. COSMETIC DAMAGE

1. If an alloy or aluminum wheel suffers Cosmetic Damage that can be repaired by sanding, painting or refinishing the wheel without the need to (i) apply an additive material to the wheel or (ii) bend or straighten the wheel, We will authorize the repair of the Cosmetic Damage utilizing Our authorized wheel repair network. Administrator will determine the best repair process for the Cosmetic Damage.
  2. The number of repairs for Cosmetic Damage is limited to a total of eight (8) individual wheel repairs during the Agreement Term.
  3. There is no deductible associated with the repair of Cosmetic Damage.

C. LIMITATIONS OF COVERAGES

1. Tread Depth Requirement: Covered Vehicle’s tires must have a minimum of 3/32” tread depth at the lowest point on the tire at the time of damage.
  2. Owner Responsibilities: Maintain air pressure at Covered Vehicle’s/tire manufacturer’s recommended levels and perform all manufacturer recommended and preventative maintenance, including alignments, rotations and balancing. Check tires periodically for (1) tread depth less than 3/32”, (2) improper wear and (3) dry rot. Failure to replace a tire with any of these conditions may void Your claim benefit.
  3. Cosmetic Damage Coverage:
    1. a) The Cosmetic Damage coverage provided by this Agreement is limited to the repair of the damaged wheel and will not result in the re-manufacturing or replacement of the damaged wheel. Excessive cosmetic repairs to a wheel may result in Structural Damage. If the Structural Damage to the wheel is caused by excessive cosmetic repairs, Administrator will not cover the replacement of the damaged wheel.
    2. b) The number of repairs for Cosmetic Damage is limited to a total of eight (8) repairs during the Term of this Agreement.
    3. c) In the event that repair to a wheel under the Cosmetic Damage component of this Agreement requires the wheel to be painted, reasonable efforts will be made to match the original paint color. Replacement of a wheel will not be authorized solely because the paint used for a repair does not match the original paint color.
    4. d) Chrome wheels, alloy wheels with chrome simulation, chrome-dipped wheels, fiberglass wheels, carbon fiber wheels, magnesium wheels, steel wheels, and powder coated wheels are not covered by the Cosmetic Damage portion of this Agreement.
  4. Companion Tire Limitation: Although the manufacturer of the Covered Vehicle may recommend that if a certain tire is replaced, then the tire on the opposite side of the same axle should also be replaced (this tire is referred to as the “Companion Tire”), there is no coverage provided under this Agreement for the repair and/or replacement of a Companion Tire, unless it is Structurally Damaged due to a covered Road Hazard.

D. NON-COVERED EXPENSES AND EXCLUSIONS

Structural Damage not caused by a Road Hazard. Any and all fines. Snow tire or chain mounting or removal. Towing by unlicensed service stations or garages. Second tows. Rental/ replacement vehicle charges. Vehicle storage charges. Service on vehicles in unsafe condition for service or towing. Failures resulting from normal wear and tear. Service or towing on roads not regularly maintained. Tire/wheel accessories. Garage and/or shop supplies. Nitrogen filling for tires. Alignments or mechanical adjustments to the Covered Vehicle. Shipping associated with the damaged tire/wheel or replacement tire/ wheel. Any towing cost exceeding two hundred fifty ($250) dollars and/or not related to the repair/replacement of a tire/ wheel damaged due to a covered road hazard. Tires with less than 3/32” tread depth at the lowest point on the tire. Damage due to sidewall damage, broken tire belts, operator error, abnormal wear, weather cracking, tread separation, dry rot or vandalism. After-market tires or wheels which do not meet the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines. Cosmetic Damage to tires. Greater than eight (8) individual Cosmetic Damage wheel repairs. Replacement of a Companion Tire, unless it is Structurally Damaged. Carbon fiber wheels. Magnesium wheels. Damage exacerbated by continued use of a damaged tire/wheel after initial occurrence of damage. Consequential and incidental damages. Recapped tires and racing tires. Damage caused by off-roading or occurring on unmaintained roads, beaches and open fields. Damage caused by racing on-road or off-road. See General Exclusions section.

E. CLAIM PROCEDURES

If a tire and/or wheel is damaged by a Road Hazard during the term of this Agreement, You must bring the Covered Vehicle to Dealer or Your nearest authorized Porsche dealer for inspection and service. Administrator may only require the Customer to return to the Dealer or another specific facility for repairs if the cost to tow the Covered Vehicle from (i) the location the damage occurred or (ii) the Customer’s residence to the dealership or repair facility is within the reimbursable limit of two hundred fifty ($250) dollars. Dealer will inspect the Covered Vehicle and provide the required information to Administrator. If Administrator determines the damage is covered by the Agreement, then Dealer will perform the repair/replacement in accordance with the section of this Agreement entitled, “Premier Tire & Wheel Protection Coverages.” If You are unable to return to Dealer or any other authorized Porsche dealer, You must call Administrator at 844-881-4773 for a claim tracking number PRIOR to initiating a covered replacement. Administrator’s business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 8:00 pm EST and Saturday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST. Repairs or replacements performed during non-business hours MUST be reported the following business day. The Administrator, at its sole discretion, has the right to inspect or require photographs of any tire/wheel prior to reimbursing You for any claim. Administrator has the right to require that the Covered Vehicle be present during inspection. In the event the damaged tire/wheel is not available for inspection, there will be no claim payable under this Agreement. If a tire is damaged to the extent it is obliterated or is no longer recognizable as a tire and the Customer signs a notarized statement to that effect, the inspection requirement will be waived. For reimbursement of towing expenses or repairs performed by anyone other than Dealer, You must submit a copy of (1) this Agreement, (2) Your claim tracking number, and (3) invoice and receipts indicating repair/replacement and tread depth and/or a receipt for towing from a licensed towing company to Administrator via e-mail at claims@ porscheprotectionplan.com, fax at 844-368-6411 or mail at Two Concourse Parkway, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30328. Administrator has the right to reasonably request any other documents or information necessary to process the claim. Replacement parts may consist of non-original manufacturer’s parts.

Attachments

NoRPM22

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Volcano Grey
Country flag
Regarding tire warranty, this is what I found:

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/vehicleinformation/warranty/

Tire Warranty from Tire Manufacturer Limited Warranty

Original equipment tires on new Porsche vehicles are warranted by their respective manufacturer as detailed in the applicable tire manufacturer’s warranty statement. The terms and conditions of the tire manufacturer’s warranties are independently determined by the tire manufacturers without input from PCNA.

We recommend either contacting or visiting the specific tire manufacturer’s website, below, to ensure that you have the most current warranty information that applies to your tires.

Goodyear
Hankook
Pirelli
Michelin
Continental
Falken
Bridgestone
Nexen
Yokohama

Should you have difficulty in obtaining the applicable warranty service from a tire manufacturer, your authorized Porsche dealer will assist you in resolving the situation. Instructions for proper tire care and maintenance are contained in the Wheels and Tires section of your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.

2021 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 2.4 MB)
2021 US Taycan Warranty Manual (PDF; 17.7 MB)
2020 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 2.2 MB)
2020 US Taycan Warranty Manual (PDF; 6.6 MB)
2019 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 1 MB)
2018 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 2.3 MB)
2017 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 1.6 MB)
2016 US Warranty Manual (PDF; 1.7 MB)
Does anyone know if the Tire manufacturer warranty applies for the OEM tires we get with the new car? The above statement from Porsche page seems to say so, but I am not getting the same message from my dealer, nor have I received any tire related paperwork with the new car yet... I have Conti's on the car and the Continental website warranty seems pretty good with wear coverage, road hazard coverage and roadside assistance for 1st year of ownership.
Sponsored