02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Weird, I only paid $1038 for mine with Mission-E wheels from the dealer. I did pay MSRP for the car though, so maybe that's why. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does anyone know who this protection is from?
It’s not Porsche of NA.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I will be testing it soon....wife drove over a curb and gouged one of the rims (she now never wants to drive it again....is that a win, or loss?), so will be bringing it in to see what they do with the coverage. Will update next week.

&roid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
Am I misunderstanding something here? In the US Porsche charges two to three THOUSAND dollars for wheel and tyre insurance??

&roid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
Wow! I just paid £299 for ours. Tyres only, but even the Porsche product including wheels was only £799.

why does it cost SO much more in America?

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Do you recommend the Porsche premier wheel and tire protection plan ? And if so, what did it cost. My dealer offered me a wheel and tire protection plan at $3695 + tax = $4,022. But when I checked the paperwork, it says Sensio. The dealer claims this is better because Porsche is more expensive and charges $50/replacement and limited claims to 8 times. I want to verify this, before I take it up with the dealer.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Do you mean "What"? I paid $2,860. The coverage is called "Multi-Coeverate Protection Services, Premier Tire & Wheel Protection" from Porsche.
Hi, was this pre tax ? $2860 for the 5 year Porsche Premier Plan. May I ask which dealer ?

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Do you recommend the Porsche premier wheel and tire protection plan ? And if so, what did it cost. My dealer offered me a wheel and tire protection plan at $3695 + tax = $4,022. But when I checked the paperwork, it says Sensio. The dealer claims this is better because Porsche is more expensive and charges $50/replacement and limited claims to 8 times. I want to verify this, before I take it up with the dealer.
I ended up getting the Road Hazard Plus plan that includes Tire and wheel, Dent Repair, Windshield and lost key protection. Total was $2895. I've had my car for just over a week and got my first slow leak :(, glad I got the plan and yes there is a $50 charge + wait for tire to be ordered.

Side note the compressor that comes with the car is super useful in this case, also as I didn't know this and it is stated in the manual these tires are never repaired always replaced

OP
OP

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I was offered the same “Sensio” and when I asked why is it Sensio and not Porsche- they said Sensio is the authorized third party that is accepted in all Porsche NA dealerships.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi, was this pre tax ? $2860 for the 5 year Porsche Premier Plan. May I ask which dealer ?
Hi @maddie ,
  • Pre-tax?: No sales tax. Sales tax only on the vehicle.
  • 5-Year Premier?" It is for 7 years: "Porsche Protection Plan Multi-Coverage Protection"
  • Dealer?: Porsche Redwood City, CA

Plan is attached.

Attachments

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi @maddie ,
  • Pre-tax?: No sales tax. Sales tax only on the vehicle.
  • 5-Year Premier?" It is for 7 years: "Porsche Protection Plan Multi-Coverage Protection"
  • Dealer?: Porsche Redwood City, CA

Plan is attached.
wow ! that’s so good. was this including everything wheel & tire, dent, window.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
wow ! that’s so good. was this including everything wheel & tire, dent, window.
I only purchased Tire and Wheel.

Regular insurance will cover the windshield (with deductible), I've never lost a key so see as a low probability, and dents are also pretty rare. Tires and wheels, on the other hand, have been a plague for my two BMWs and two Chevy's over the years. I expect tire and wheel trouble based on past experience driving in the San Francisco bay area.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I only purchased Tire and Wheel.

Regular insurance will cover the windshield (with deductible), I've never lost a key so see as a low probability, and dents are also pretty rare. Tires and wheels, on the other hand, have been a plague for my two BMWs and two Chevy's over the years. I expect tire and wheel trouble based on past experience driving in the San Francisco bay area.
Did you buy the extended warranty. I am still thinking about it.
Sponsored