mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Anyone have a suggestion on good storage bags? About to switch to winter tires. I purchased the storage bags that they sell at tire rack and found that they really don’t protect the wheels very well, even with the felt.
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone have a suggestion on good storage bags? About to switch to winter tires. I purchased the storage bags that they sell at tire rack and found that they really don’t protect the wheels very well, even with the felt.
I just use large heavy duty leaf bags. They’ve worked fine for me!

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Tire Rack has some nice ones I used with my Cayman.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Bumping this old thread. I have the Kurgo quasi-OEM Porsche wheel totes and felts. The totes are okay but are a bit small relative to my 20”s. The Kurgo wheel felts are also small - just 19” diameter so no way to have padding all the way over the rims.
Is anybody aware of more substantial (in size and protection) wheel totes and felts?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Seasonal bump of this thread. The Kurgo totes are like a 5 dollar poncho. They don’t fit my 20’s well, plus I haven’t found wheel felts that aren’t so thin you could spit through them.

I wonder is there something like racing tire warmers without the warming apparatus? Formula 1 teams’ tire warmers (to be eliminated next year actually) appear to be ballistic nylon, with padding, and velcro-attached front and rear discs. @f1eng Any idea where we would find such a thing in road car dimensions?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Seasonal bump of this thread. The Kurgo totes are like a 5 dollar poncho. They don’t fit my 20’s well, plus I haven’t found wheel felts that aren’t so thin you could spit through them.

I wonder is there something like racing tire warmers without the warming apparatus? Formula 1 teams’ tire warmers (to be eliminated next year actually) appear to be ballistic nylon, with padding, and velcro-attached front and rear discs. @f1eng Any idea where we would find such a thing in road car dimensions?
The ones I have used are made to order but there may be places you can find in the US searching “tire blankets” for racing, though they are not permitted in many series.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
The totes I currently have are quite similar. I purchased as an official Porsche part from Suncoast. They are Kurgo-manufactured but have the Porsche logo and a Porsche part number.

The ones linked here seem like they have the same characteristics that I dislike about the Kurgo ones - thin fabric, no padding, and the cinch-to-fit might not accommodate larger wheels as well as something tailor made to achieve 100% covering.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The totes I currently have are quite similar. I purchased as an official Porsche part from Suncoast. They are Kurgo-manufactured but have the Porsche logo and a Porsche part number.

The ones linked here seem like they have the same characteristics that I dislike about the Kurgo ones - thin fabric, no padding, and the cinch-to-fit might not accommodate larger wheels as well as something tailor made to achieve 100% covering.
You are correct they do not have any padding and do not cover the wheels completely. But they do fit the 21 “ wheels. I use them and they are fairly thin but protect from dust etc. But you could scratch the wheels if you put something on top