When do you find out if options are missing from my build -- during or after production?

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just wondering when you find out certain options are missing from your build ….? Is it before ,during or after production?
or does it just turn up at the dealers with pieces missing?🧐
Porsche Taycan When do you find out if options are missing from my build -- during or after production? 703FC7C6-8B63-494A-A33E-3BD2A61FC9BF

🤨😃
Sponsored

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Just wondering when you find out certain options are missing from your build ….? Is it before ,during or after production?
or does it just turn up at the dealers with pieces missing?🧐
703FC7C6-8B63-494A-A33E-3BD2A61FC9BF.jpeg

🤨😃
Just back from my OPC and my car went into build today. The SA was able to look it up and tell me that all options will be fitted (including Bose).

In fairness, he was able to tell me that Bose was to be fitted a while back but I wasn’t sure if this would stand once the build began. Given what a lot of people have been posting, I feel very lucky to be getting the car with all my options.

OP
OP
Clod Reed

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just back from my OPC and my car went into build today. The SA was able to look it up and tell me that all options will be fitted (including Bose).

In fairness, he was able to tell me that Bose was to be fitted a while back but I wasn’t sure if this would stand once the build began. Given what a lot of people have been posting, I feel very lucky to be getting the car with all my options.
That’s good to know ….mines gone in for production ….but my SA hasn’t said anything regarding options missing or not….so assuming it’s all ok 😬

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
That’s good to know ….mines gone in for production ….but my SA hasn’t said anything regarding options missing or not….so assuming it’s all ok 😬
Recommend that you specifically ask. If I recall correctly, there is a code that gets placed in Porsche’s system if they delete something from a build or ship a car with something missing that needs to be installed later.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
@OP, I don't know when we, the customers, know, but the dealer should know the moment they take possession (or, at least, no later than). FWIW/my 2c, my build seemed to be missing the rear badge when production complete status was sent to TYD. It seems to be pretty accurate, as the generated image doesn't have it either, and the price was adjusted (down). So far my SA has not mentioned this, and I haven't asked. I guess we'll see at collection time. I'd imagine something more serious (as in can't be retroffited/not available as parts ex-factory) would block completion of production..
Sponsored