Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'm sure some members with more Porsche buying experience may have some insight on this question...

At what point in the life cycle of a Model does Porsche throw out some extra customization? I suspect half-life "facelift" and/or when there's a price increase. A few extras are thrown in as standard (auto-folding mirrors for example)

The reason I query this is because i'd love to see a slightly better colour selection for the Taycan, without having to go for PTS. The Panamera colour selection is far more exciting and extensive and the amount of Wheel options is almost too many!
The one option I'd absolutely love to come available for the GTS is the Turbo Style Lower Front Spoiler. The only way to get that look currently is to go for the Carbon Sports Design Package. However, this removes the GTS badging from the Side Skirts and I'm really not a fan of the added Cross Turismo style Carbon Rear Diffuser Cladding.

So what's the chances of the configurator allowing this combination for the GTS in the next 6 months..!?

Porsche Taycan When might we get more options..? Porsche Taycan GTS

Although having said all this, now i've gone to the trouble of creating the side-by-side, i guess the Carbon Rear Diffuser doesn't look terrible :facepalm: F**K sake! wish i could make my mind up. Now i need another Porsche Center visit to see side-by-side in the metal.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I'm sure some members with more Porsche buying experience may have some insight on this question...

At what point in the life cycle of a Model does Porsche throw out some extra customization? I suspect half-life "facelift" and/or when there's a price increase. A few extras are thrown in as standard (auto-folding mirrors for example)

The reason I query this is because i'd love to see a slightly better colour selection for the Taycan, without having to go for PTS. The Panamera colour selection is far more exciting and extensive and the amount of Wheel options is almost too many!
The one option I'd absolutely love to come available for the GTS is the Turbo Style Lower Front Spoiler. The only way to get that look currently is to go for the Carbon Sports Design Package. However, this removes the GTS badging from the Side Skirts and I'm really not a fan of the added Cross Turismo style Carbon Rear Diffuser Cladding.

So what's the chances of the configurator allowing this combination for the GTS in the next 6 months..!?

Porsche Taycan GTS.jpg

Although having said all this, now i've gone to the trouble of creating the side-by-side, i guess the Carbon Rear Diffuser doesn't look terrible :facepalm: F**K sake! wish i could make my mind up. Now i need another Porsche Center visit to see side-by-side in the metal.
Let me help.

The SD package on the rear looks f'ing awful.

There's also a gap between the rear side "fins" and the paintwork.

There's an enormous tyre sat in front of it. It doesn't require a degree in physics to see what's likely to happen.

The turbo front spoiler is more aesthetic but the difference is so subtle it's not enough that I would option it for anything more than £500 was it optionable and ultimately it's nothing I'm bothered about.

Finally to colour and wheel options. We should feel glad.

Can you imagine if there were 30 colours and 20 wheel options?

I wouldn't have a life anymore.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Porsche Taycan GTS.jpg

Model Year (MY) change in mid late summer is the normal change window. Configurator will be updated in advance e.g. July(ish). Deliveries from September/ October onwards.

Don't expect big changes but perhaps a few new colours.

Folding mirrors have been an option in UK for the past 20+ years just to set your expectations.

Don't waste money on carbon bits.

Coloured front diffuser unlikely to become standard as that would be too Turboesq unfortunately.

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Model Year (MY) change in mid late summer is the normal change window. Configurator will be updated in advance e.g. July(ish). Deliveries from September/ October onwards.

Don't expect big changes but perhaps a few new colours.

Folding mirrors have been an option in UK for the past 20+ years just to set your expectations.

Don't waste money on carbon bits.

Coloured front diffuser unlikely to become standard as that would be too Turboesq unfortunately.

I do believe at one time, up until a few weeks ago it was possible on "lesser" models (4s) to spec the Front Turbo-Style Lower Spoiler/Diffuser on its own. I may be wrong but for some reason, i have that as a memory from playing around with the configurator...

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let me help.

The SD package on the rear looks f'ing awful.

There's also a gap between the rear side "fins" and the paintwork.

There's an enormous tyre sat in front of it. It doesn't require a degree in physics to see what's likely to happen.

The turbo front spoiler is more aesthetic but the difference is so subtle it's not enough that I would option it for anything more than £500 was it optionable and ultimately it's nothing I'm bothered about.

Finally to colour and wheel options. We should feel glad.

Can you imagine if there were 30 colours and 20 wheel options?

I wouldn't have a life anymore.
Agreed! F**king awful about sums it up

The Turbo Front Diffuser is available aftermarket. Suncoast in the US has it for around $900 dollars. I'm sure there's a UK based supplier out there too. Maybe a consideration. I'm sure I'll just learn to love the standard GTS front.

Fortunately i do love the optioned Black RS Spyder Wheels available for the GTS.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I do believe at one time, up until a few weeks ago it was possible on "lesser" models (4s) to spec the Front Turbo-Style Lower Spoiler/Diffuser on its own. I may be wrong but for some reason, i have that as a memory from playing around with the configurator...
You can spec the Sports Design Pack - front, back, sides or all BUT it won't come with the front diffuser painted as per Turbo.

All can be added post purchase including the carbon Sports Design Pack.

Personally I would skip it (I don't have it on my 4S but no choice on my GTS) as it doesn't enhance the appearance IMHO.

Sports Design Pack has been an option where not standard across the Porsche range for decades - clever marketing!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Agreed! F**king awful about sums it up

The Turbo Front Diffuser is available aftermarket. Suncoast in the US has it for around $900 dollars. I'm sure there's a UK based supplier out there too. Maybe a consideration. I'm sure I'll just learn to love the standard GTS front.

Fortunately i do love the optioned Black RS Spyder Wheels available for the GTS.
And the real kicker: it's £2,500 to make the car look worse and add parts that potentially act as a dirt magnetic.

Some more colours would be nice. I would love a metallic or satin ruby colour, but alas Carmine Red is near enough.

RS Spyder's in satin black are some of the nicest wheels I have seen. They look even better IRL.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Order without the sport design pack and get the Turbo front lip from Suncoast.

OP
OP

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Order without the sport design pack and get the Turbo front lip from Suncoast.

It's looking like a viable option. Wouldn't it be nice if Porsche just made it a factory option though.!? I wouldn't even mind the premium price for it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I pretty well never look at the outside of my car.
I can't see it when it is in the garage and when I open the garage door I just see the back, then I get in it.
When I am driving it I only see the interior, so anything making the interior a nicer place to be, like less f*cking black, is worth paying for, for me, anything on the outside is a waste of my money.

Having written that I hate diamond turned highlights on wheels and the silver inserts on the CT so much I have chosen the paint option, but am still debating wasting money on something mainly others see.
Sponsored