When Taycan arrives at dealer, what should I check before accepting car?

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
One thing I see repeatedly on Taycan forums goes along the lines of, "I wish I would've ensured xxx actually worked before accepting the car."

Historically, I've done nothing more than a quick test drive prior to beginning the multi-hour process of executing the purchase/lease and then finally, driving off.

These Taycans are clearly far more error-prone than the 911s I've bought in the past so I'm obviously a bit spooked. Is there some unofficial checklist, shared amongst forum members, that a new owner should walk through with the dealer prior to accepting the car?

I know California has a strong lemon law, but if major vehicle-specific problems can be identified pre-purchase, it's preferable that I can decline the order completely rather than fight repair battles for the next few months.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There's not really much you can check software wise. Most problems pop up later. They won't let you enter your profile & link the car until after payment, and that process is seemingly what causes most software problems to start popping up.

It's really just the standard car checklist. Look for scratches or damage, etc..

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Seriously - verify the vehicle can charge - if possible at an L2 charger @ dealership - and if possible a Fast DC charger…

my friend took delivery of an Audi eTron SUV - and it couldn't charge once he got it home - 2 more days at the dealership and a 12% battery - and they fixed - no problems since, but was a bad "fault" to deliver the vehicle with.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
If you have ordered the PMCC make sure its actually in the case in the trunk. Mine was missing!!!
yes, this was discussed in another thread as they cannibalize units from one car to satisfy whomever is accepting delivery. My car was delivered with a 6 ft cord rather than the 25ft cord that it was supposed to have. one theory was that dealers are "loaning" units to people prior to delivery so that they can set up their home chargers and then not recovering a charger upon delivery.
so yes be certain that you get everything that you are supposed to be getting.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Make sure it's a Taycan ;-)

you have 2 years to find problems & defects. no advantage if you find it right at delivery.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'd look for any signs of damage/flaws in transport. If you find that the paint is not to your satisfaction, ask if you can take to as third party detail to get corrected.

Make sure you have the correct wheel center caps installed, the stickers (if you ordered any) are correctly installed and make sure you have owners manual, charger, etc. The reason why is all of those items are installed at port and dealership. The most current software is also supposed to be uploaded at the post too, therefore verify that is is the correct version.

You may want to have your build sheet ready and check everything off with the sales ambassador at deliver to get a correct inventory.

I would not want a dealership detailer to try to correct any paint on the car. Most certainly do not let the sales ambassador rub on it with any dealer towels.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Other than what has already been said... I would make sure your can log into PCM as that might still trigger some updates and error messages. I had 12 error messages on day 2 and then it sorted itself out with updates installing. (Needed to service brake fluid, needed to update safety kit, needed to service airbag, etc.)

My dealer was sick (recovering from COVID the poor guy) and he said he normally asks his clients to change their Porsche log in details and give him a temporary password that you can change back after delivery so he logs in the day before and lets the car sit for a day and do all of its smaller updates before delivery.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Not a bad idea that, giving a temp password to the dealer, I might suggest that!

OP
OP
festus_mcBitcoin

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Take it to your local EA charger and see if you can get to work :devil:
This is actually a really good idea. It's not like we'd have to wait for a full charge. But just show me that I can at least initiate the charge, ya know?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
But just show me that I can at least initiate the charge, ya know?
correct - plug in - verify it can charge for at least 5 or 10 minutes - then stop the charge and give the dealer their money

OP
OP
festus_mcBitcoin

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check that your car receives Sirius radio.
Good call.

ASIDE:
As it turns out, that's the one bug I can actually live with. I gave up Sirius years ago due to the talking DJs. I was like, "Man, if I have to switch stations every few minutes to avoid DJ chatter, I may as well be back on FM." So I switched to Spotify.

If I can wirelessly stream Spotify from my iPhone, I'm pretty happy.
Sponsored