When the VIN is available and it is communicated via MY Porsche where in the build to delivery cycle are we?

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Was communicated my VIN via the My Porsche app last week but still not a single word from my dealer when my car should be coming..... Does anyone know how far down the production cycle the car is at the point when Porsche communicates the VIN to the presumed customer...?
Sponsored

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
Was communicated my VIN via the My Porsche app last week but still not a single word from my dealer when my car should be coming..... Does anyone know how far down the production cycle the car is at the point when Porsche communicates the VIN to the presumed customer...?
From seeing other posts earlier when my car was in production, I understand that once you have a VIN, you have a brand new car that has just been born. So I think it is exiting production or complete (V270 or V300 on the Porsche production codes). However, those with more knowledge on this forum may correct my response.

Last edited:

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi All

Do I need to do anything specific to get the VIN number through the My Porsche app. I have registered that with the same email address the dealers have. My car was supposed to be at v300 yesterday so waiting with bated breath.

Thanks
David.

OP
OP
felixtb

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Thanks for the replies!

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
Hi I'm awaiting delivery of my Taycan soon - can I ask how do you know when your VIN is ready via the app. It won't let me register for the my Porsche app without the VIN?

Thanks

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hi I'm awaiting delivery of my Taycan soon - can I ask how do you know when your VIN is ready via the app. It won't let me register for the my Porsche app without the VIN?

Thanks
Try the 'My Porsche' app. This links your account and shows the production tracker.

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
Try the 'My Porsche' app. This links your account and shows the production tracker.
Ah thanks - I went onto it and no vehicles visible. I don't think they have linked my order to my Porsche account - will contact them tomorrow and ask them to do this.

The Porsche Track my Dream/Behind the Scenes function seems awesome! Does anyone from the UK know if they've been able to use this function here? That way I don't have to keep pestering the Porsche dealer about what's happening with the car.

Thanks
Sponsored