Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
Do you miss pulling into a gas station to fill up, and while the tank is filling, you have the nearby windshield washer bucket, and time to use the windshield cleaning tool with the sponge/bug strip on one side and the rubber squeegee on the other side?

Have you all taken to bringing windshield washing tools and fluids with you?

Cheers
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Do you miss pulling into a gas station to fill up, and while the tank is filling, you have the nearby windshield washer bucket, and time to use the windshield cleaning tool with the sponge/bug strip on one side and the rubber squeegee on the other side?

Have you all taken to bringing windshield washing tools and fluids with you?

Cheers
when I need a windshield cleaning I just pull up to the pumps and use their stuff

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I do indeed have
Porsche Taycan When you are on a road trip . . . %2Fimages%2FI%2F71cxDqvNIcL._AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_
and a bunch of old rags with me in the trunk.
I clean the headlights and front of the car when fast charging en route.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I bring some quick detailer, glass cleaner, and rags.

But to be fair, I've always done that with my previous Porsches. The wash bucket at most gas stations might make your windshield look worse. :)

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
My windshield is covered with protective film, and I like to treat it gently to avoid excessive wear. I carry the kit linked below in the side-pockets of the trunk, and use it as needed. Soil, bug splatter, etc. come away easily from the film surface. This kit works well on the interior side of the glass, too. Contains no harsh chemicals.

https://smile.amazon.com/Invisible-Glass-99050-Windshield-Cleaning/dp/B08ZK272YW/

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I have STEK windshield protection film on Taycan so I can utilize quick detailer spray on it - which also helps increase hydrophobic properties. Other cars without I carry sprayway glass cleaner in the trunk.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have STEK windshield protection film on Taycan so I can utilize quick detailer spray on it - which also helps increase hydrophobic properties. Other cars without I carry sprayway glass cleaner in the trunk.
Going a little off topic with my question . . . I have the same STEK DYNOflex windshield film and I've noticed the wiper blades "grab" in very light rain. Does your detailer spray fix that problem?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Going a little off topic with my question . . . I have the same STEK DYNOflex windshield film and I've noticed the wiper blades "grab" in very light rain. Does your detailer spray fix that problem?
Same issue here and it does help especially when using ceramic infused spray. My pro recommends switching to silicone wiper blades and that is the ticket.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Sprayway RULES.
Sponsored