When you exit the car, do you "turn it off" or not? (POLL)

VOTE --When you finish driving your Taycan, after you put it in park, do you...

• Total voters

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Well done! The first post I have read in ages which made me sit up and think.

I had a Tesla for 5 years before the Taycan. I liked the Easy Access feature in the Tesla and I found out you had to switch off the car using the button to make it work in the Taycan. I have done that ever since and never had the 12 volt battery loss issue.

Re Easy Access - the wheel used to raise as well as the seat move back. Since the update, only the seat moves back. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...and I found out you had to switch off the car using the button to make it work in the Taycan. I have done that ever since and never had the 12 volt battery loss issue.
I never use the power button, I get out and lock the car with the key fob. Never had a 12 volt issue. Never paid attention to comfort access. But now my Taycan is in the shop to get a new PCM unit to complete the WMA5 update. After that I will check it out...

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
If you get out of the car, leave key inside and walk away - does the car power down eventually ?

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
:)

A3827AC1-A937-4967-A1EF-5F6413A3DB63.jpeg

there is no reason not to hold the power button. In fact, I suggest you do so as to not drain the mini battery for 30 minutes at a time.
Do you power off your cell phone every time you put it down?

The car should have a standby mode that preserves the battery and locks the doors, no?

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
To be honest i would exit without the power switch, however the seat moves and the music switches off when you use the switch. Opening the door with my music blaring just seems obnoxious.
So turn your music down/off before opening the door.

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
Okay, so I'm also not wanting to shut down car every time, but think music continuing at any volume is odd. Is there any way of setting this to all stand by when opening door?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Is there any way of setting this to all stand by when opening door?
On mine the music continues after I switch off but as soon as I pull the driver’s door handle the music stops, so mine was set up that way when I got it.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
This little tidbit might already be out there...

If you have air suspension and don't like the 4x4 look when parking after carrying passengers, don't use the power button to turn off the car. After everyone gets out, after a few seconds or so the car will level itself out again. Then you can simply turn off/lock the car by using the fob.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Porsche should have made a shut down sound like the old school windows XP, then there is NO room for debate here.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Okay, so I'm also not wanting to shut down car every time, but think music continuing at any volume is odd. Is there any way of setting this to all stand by when opening door?
Yes, pressing the power button for 2secs…

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes, pressing the power button for 2secs…
In mine pressing the power button for 2 secs shuts the car down but not the radio which stays on until I open the door, which was one of the automatic features I quite liked, I am normally indifferent to “features”
Sponsored