First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hello all!

Anybody know where the cabin air filter is located on the Taycan? I like to do my own service but can’t seem to find this so I can inspect and replace if needed.

Thanks!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Right? They should make this part of the general maintenance collection.

When I find it, I’ll post a video.
We're all counting on you Heff! :fist bump: ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello all!

Anybody know where the cabin air filter is located on the Taycan? I like to do my own service but can’t seem to find this so I can inspect and replace if needed.

Thanks!
Will also be keen to know what else you will be doing during your service?

From what I read on here somewhere, Porsche strategy for the Taycan is to have a quick look at your car (to make sure it exists and is in one piece) .....then fill the washer bottle up.....then charge the same price as an ICE car service.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you looked under the glovebox on passenger side? That's where all my German cars including Porsches had it. You usually have to unscrew and remove a small cover to gain access. In rare cases you have to remove the glovebox compartment.

Another related question. For cars with the Ionizer option, is there a separate filter or ionizer filter/element that needs replacement or cleaning?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag

From what I read on here somewhere, Porsche strategy for the Taycan is to have a quick look at your car (to make sure it exists and is in one piece) .....then fill the washer bottle up.....then charge the same price as an ICE car service.
My finance guy offered that I could pre-pay the 2d service for $700 up front, considering they “didn’t know” what it entailed yet and that it could be “really expensive”

Believing I knew better, I declined. Unless I need brakes at that point (unlikely and probably not included anyway) that’s an extremely high price for EV peace of mind. And a quart of blue washer fluid & a fob battery.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
My finance guy offered that I could pre-pay the 2d service for $700 up front, considering they “didn’t know” what it entailed yet and that it could be “really expensive”

Believing I knew better, I declined. Unless I need brakes at that point (unlikely and probably not included anyway) that’s an extremely high price for EV peace of mind. And a quart of blue washer fluid & a fob battery.
Yeah, I hope I didn't get suckered in by this. I ended up buying the service, but in my case it's lease, and the finance guy told me it's required (the maintenance at 2 years/20k miles that is). I wonder if that's true...

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, I hope I didn't get suckered in by this. I ended up buying the service, but in my case it's lease, and the finance guy told me it's required (the maintenance at 2 years/20k miles that is). I wonder if that's true...
The lease agreement usually states that the services have to be up to date when you return the car otherwise they can charge you for the missed service. I am not sure if they enforce it in practice especially if you end up leasing another Porsche from same dealer but contractually they can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HeffRaleigh

HeffRaleigh

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Have you looked under the glovebox on passenger side? That's where all my German cars including Porsches had it. You usually have to unscrew and remove a small cover to gain access. In rare cases you have to remove the glovebox compartment.

Another related question. For cars with the Ionizer option, is there a separate filter or ionizer filter/element that needs replacement or cleaning?
Hey chrisk! Thanks for the tip. That's where I'm going to start - under the glovebox. The Panamera has it there I believe. Not sure why Porsche would deviate, but then again.... If I don't find it there, I know they sometimes can be in the cowl area behind the frunk.

I think there is a main cabin filter, a dust filter, and I'm not sure about the ionizer. I plan to dig around pretty thoroughly and document with pictures/video what I find and how I find it.

OP
OP
HeffRaleigh

HeffRaleigh

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag

Hello Fish Fingers! Love the handle BTW.

Besides the filters, I plan to regularly pull all 4 wheels (have a portable lift and enjoy cleaning the insides of the wheels...I can be a little OCD with these things) and inspect the brakes to see how they are wearing. I also will inspect the brake lines, suspension, cooling inlets for debris, undercarriage covers for any fitment issues, leaks of any kind in general, and, while under there, clean it up really nice. This is my therapy.... :)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Besides the filters, I plan to regularly pull all 4 wheels (have a portable lift and enjoy cleaning the insides of the wheels...I can be a little OCD with these things) and inspect the brakes to see how they are wearing. I also will inspect the brake lines, suspension, cooling inlets for debris, undercarriage covers for any fitment issues, leaks of any kind in general, and, while under there, clean it up really nice. This is my therapy.... :)
Same here. Detailing is my therapy and wheels off clean once a year or so is key. I also do not allow any food items in my cars besides water. All my friends know how clean I keep my vehicles and know any car I sell will be in excellent condition. Thankfully I no longer live in a salt belt state. :fist bump:

Ezikiel37

First Name
Ezikiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello Fish Fingers! Love the handle BTW.

have you found the location?

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

ICE charge +++. Mine was 2.5x more! Senior moment letting that slip!
Sponsored