Where to check for recalls?

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but how do I know if a recall has been issued for my Taycan? I just finished the software, 12v battery and charge cable replacement recalls, but now see an aircon dampening recall people are mentioning.

Is the best way to call the dealership or is there a way in the connect app to see this?

I found an online recall check web page on porsche.com but that kept saying there were no recalls for my VIN when in fact there were 2 recalls and 1 service item.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but how do I know if a recall has been issued for my Taycan? I just finished the software, 12v battery and charge cable replacement recalls, but now see an aircon dampening recall people are mentioning.

Is the best way to call the dealership or is there a way in the connect app to see this?

I found an online recall check web page on porsche.com but that kept saying there were no recalls for my VIN when in fact there were 2 recalls and 1 service item.

Thanks for the help.
Here is where I look:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/PORSCHE/TAYCAN%25204S/4%2520DR/AWD#manufacturerCommunications

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

Thanks for the help.
As mentioned by @louv, "recall" is a very specific term in many places tied to a safety issue. The software updates, 12v battery, A/C are service campaigns that will not show up on the recall websites. The best source of what is necessary for your particular car is to call the dealership and ask them to look up your VIN to determine if there are any open campaigns.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
As mentioned by @louv, "recall" is a very specific term in many places tied to a safety issue. The software updates, 12v battery, A/C are service campaigns that will not show up on the recall websites. The best source of what is necessary for your particular car is to call the dealership and ask them to look up your VIN to determine if there are any open campaigns.
The website I just sent covers all service bulletins but you need to put your vin in first. For US customers only.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
The website I just sent covers all service bulletins but you need to put your vin in first. For US customers only.
I tried the website a few minutes ago. I input my VIN and the search did not generate any results. This seems odd b/c my VIN was subject to the software campaign.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Wow. I had no idea that Service Bulletins were available on that site.

I humbly stand corrected. And now better informed.

OP
OP
Mwa3aan

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tried the website a few minutes ago. I input my VIN and the search did not generate any results. This seems odd b/c my VIN was subject to the software campaign.
That's because as per louv they are not technically recalls. But you can see all of the service reports when you select your model and click on the communication tab. I am not at my machine but that should be a close enough direction to get to the communications with the details relating to the cars. It even addresses rattle and noise issues. It's pretty interesting browsing through it and reading the pdf documents.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There‘s a ton of amazing detail in the service bulletins. It’s clear that Porsche knew mid-way through Q1 about the customer issues and were issuing letters to dealers on how to address and engage Porsche corporate to resolve. Going to read through a bunch of these as there’s fascinating insight into the car
Sponsored