Which brand / model 20in all season tires came w/ your CT?

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
My 2022 CT4S is on it way from Germany.

For those of you that have received there CT and configured it with all season 20in tires (I configured with Taycan Turbo S Aero design wheels), which brand and model tires did your car come with?

I am hoping it comes with Michelins and if not that, it with Continentals.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My 2022 CT4S is on it way from Germany.

For those of you that have received there CT and configured it with all season 20in tires (I configured with Taycan Turbo S Aero design wheels), which brand and model tires did your car come with?

I am hoping it comes with Michelins and if not that, it with Continentals.
You should be able to check this on the configurator - there is an icon of a tyre alongside wheel selection. Click that to reveal the rubber

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
You should be able to check this on the configurator - there is an icon of a tyre alongside wheel selection. Click that to reveal the rubber
In the UK configurator it does, not in the US one. And in the UK you don’t have the option of picking all season tires (the Michelin and Pirellis available in UK are summer tires only).

many ppl in North America (US and Canada) select all season tires over the standard summer tires.

if anyone could pls let me know which 20in all season tires came with there CT. Appreciate it.

Last edited:

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was also wondering if people had any opinions about which of the 20” all-season choices (Continental ProContact RX, Pirelli P7 All-Season) was better. (I’ve got a sedan rather than a CT but I’m supposing the choices are the same…)

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
In Europe it does. Easy enough to go to a non-US site and check I would have thought or wait a day or so and the US one will no doubt catch-up.
no all season tire option in UK configurator, I am asking about all seasons.

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
I was also wondering if people had any opinions about which of the 20” all-season choices (Continental ProContact RX, Pirelli P7 All-Season) was better. (I’ve got a sedan rather than a CT but I’m supposing the choices are the same…)
IMO

Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons > Conti Pro Contact > Pirelli P7

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
IMO

Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons > Conti Pro Contact > Pirelli P7
That’s my impression also - but it seems Michelin is not making a version of the PIlot Sport All-Season with the XL weight rating needed for the Taycan. :( So it appears that the Conti or Pirelli are the only choices at this time…. But if your configuration shows Michelins are a choice at build time, maybe they will be available for retrofit before very much longer….

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
That’s my impression also - but it seems Michelin is not making a version of the PIlot Sport All-Season with the XL weight rating needed for the Taycan. :( So it appears that the Conti or Pirelli are the only choices at this time…. But if your configuration shows Michelins are a choice at build time, maybe they will be available for retrofit before very much longer….
no options or choices at build time. I just know the brand options Porsche usually puts across the entire taycan lineup (sedans and wagon).

Based on ur finding of lack of XL options in all season Michelins, I really hope we get the Conti’s over the Pirellis!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I got 21" Continentals. I understand they are good for tread life, but they are not sticky. In the rain they are downright dangerous.

I look forward to replacing them.

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
This is what I am doing for my 20” winter setup. When it snows theTaycan will live in the garage.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...0PSAS4XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

@DerekS is 100% correct regarding the Continental Procontact RX, they are terrible in the rain and hydroplane like slicks.

950F0589-B50E-4B69-9A55-E620F0393148.jpeg
Great tire, I hope we get this in the CT’s. I have used these in light or average snow in other cars, they work very well.

if my car ships with anything else, I might swap em out for these anyway.

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ll learn not to try to shop for tires while in a Zoom meeting. :) Michelin *does* have XL load rated
Pilot Sport All-Season 4 tires. They’re available in the proper size for the front 20” wheels, but not in the “official” 285/40R20 size for the rear…
Sponsored