atftrading

First Name
teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche taycan 4s
Country flag
HI I just got a 2021 4s last weekend and i want to lower this car for the new forged wheels that is coming soon which is a better way to lower this with links or the Cete lowering device any comments will be great help.
Sponsored

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Do you want the original height for driving on bad roads or similar? The cete gives you the option of just adjusting height in the lowest setting, while the lowering links will get you the same deop in all «heights».

And the lowering links are 1/10 of the price i belive.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Curious about this too - installation for the links seems easier and cheaper but the options of the Cete module seem better. Anyone install the cete module? was it difficult?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Do you want the original height for driving on bad roads or similar? The cete gives you the option of just adjusting height in the lowest setting, while the lowering links will get you the same deop in all «heights».

And the lowering links are 1/10 of the price i belive.
This is entirely incorrect - the CETE module has massively more options and real time customizations than the basic lowering links. They can also be well 'hidden' under the car and you can hide it (digitally) completely if your car is in for any sort of service that does not require serious poking about under it i.e. a determined tech will of course locate them if he looks hard enough :) With the physical links you have to manually remove them and re-install after service if you want to avoid any potential warranty discussions with the dealership.

I initially purchased links but decided to do this major upgrade (obviously a lot more expensive) and sold my FVD links and have a CETE module on order. WIth CETE you can adjust any of the driving modes to have any position for the air suspension in any mode and save those positions to any mode - further you have complete control through the App interface to sit your car at whatever stance you want (including rear vs front heights etc). There simply is no comparison between the CETE offering and the links - night and day.

You can of course manually adjust physical links but this is entirely impractical if you are wanting different ride heights for different occasions/driving conditions and if you plan to do this on a fairly regular basis. If you just want a set drop to apply across all factory modes then the links are more than fine of course - personal choice.

Some of this is discussed here but also elsewhere on the forum and of course externally.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/lowered-chassis-when-parked.6943/page-3#post-117689

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Forgot to add that supply chain issues have effected CETE ordering too - ordered mine but won't get it until earliest mid Jan 2022 and more likely late Jan. For those interested if you are wary of using the std. install of piercing the factory wires, TAG Motorsports offers a true plug and play interface to the CETE - yet more money and on ICE cars I'd not think twice re std install but I prefer this solution for the Taycan with its complex electrical systems - abundance of caution!

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can of course manually adjust physical links but this is entirely impractical if you are wanting different ride heights for different occasions/driving conditions and if you plan to do this on a fairly regular basis.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/lowered-chassis-when-parked.6943/page-3#post-117689
Don't you have 4 different settings on your ride hide adjustment options for air? Links take about 20 min a side to swap...and unless you were coming in to Porsche service and complaining about a strut or alignment issues or suspension, a link has no bearing on warranty....unless you have a terrible relationship with your service team.
Sponsored