Which option did you have the hardest time reaching a decision?

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I decided pretty quickly on color (Dolomite) model (CT 4) and getting the Premium and Technology packages.

I spent considerable time debating sport sound, sport chrono package and deletion of model designation (opted yes on all of these).

The option that gave me the most angst was the wheel. I didn't want to go with the 21" for various reasons but for style of wheel, I struggled and still am although I am leaning towards the CT Turbo S wheel

My first inclination was the off road design but opted against that because it looked a bit stark and thought the open design would be harder to keep the wheel clean with the brake dust.

I next moved to the Turbo S but moved off of that because the black plate seemed to stand out to much and with no offense looked like a large black glossy hub cap.

I am now leaning toward the Turbo S wheel because there is enough going on on the surface to break up the black glossy plate.

Which option or options caused you to struggle with the most?
Sponsored

Last edited:

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sport Chrono - doesn't really seem like it does anything, but car feels kind of naked without it.

Air Suspension - just paranoid that I will scrape my front end somewhere and then kick myself for not adding it.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My first build was relatively easy; I received so much great advice on here and was trying to keep within budget (failed, of course). For my Turbo S I’ve spent countless hours on the configuration, as I’m buying it with the regret of what I didn’t add last time. Now I fuss over the smallest of detail, not from a cost perspective but purely aesthetic. I probably wasted a week of my and half my families lives just on deciding what colour seatbelts to get.

Sabreliner

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan 4S, '91 911 C4
Country flag
I bought a 20' T4S off the lot as it was steeply discounted and relatively close to what I would have spec'd anyways, and I was #6 in line at my small local dealer with a CY22 delivery... ugh. However, it was missing the Sport Chrono Package. I miss that little dial on the wheel and the individual mode more than I would have hoped.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wheel color (I went with platinum over black) was probably the hardest choice.

My first option out was the rear climate controls. I had to draw the line somewhere, and that was it. No one would ever use it, but I still would like it for the geek factor. :p

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Panoramic roof.
at the end, I decided to take it….but i’m still not sure if it was right decision.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hardest decision for me was the sound insulated glass. (Opted for No)
Traded it out for Sport Chrono package.

Easiest decision was the Mission E wheels. All the others look like hub caps to me. Especially the Sport Aero wheels which don't even allow you to see the brakes.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Panoramic roof.
at the end, I decided to take it….but i’m still not sure if it was right decision.
It was the right decision. It's a wonderful thing and the back seat is a bit claustrophobic without it.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Well I went kinda nuts with my own build.. To the point that I'm embarrassed to even put up the code here ?

For my wife's car, it was the wheels for us as well. Had researched enough by that point to know exactly which options we wanted to have in there except which wheels size and style...went with the 20 inch Turbo. Freeze date is in 5 days so hopefully locks without us making any more changes.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It was the right decision. It's a wonderful thing and the back seat is a bit claustrophobic without it.
Agreed.
I drove sedan with pano roof…it looks great, but i’m still worried about the sun/heat during summer.
i have pano roof in my Koleos…but I can “close” it. It’s definitelly more hot in the cabin, but I do hope that Porsche made it better, much better than Renault. Afterall, Taycan is almost four times more expensive :rolleyes:

i’ll see that next summer.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the panoramic roof as it was mandatory last year when ordering and is the only roof you can use the Porsche roof rack with. The sunlight intrusion is what bothers me, heat is not an issue. A Heat Shield cover solved my problem. It is held up by suction cups inside. It is the same one used for the Model S :).

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Agreed.
I drove sedan with pano roof…it looks great, but i’m still worried about the sun/heat during summer.
i have pano roof in my Koleos…but I can “close” it. It’s definitelly more hot in the cabin, but I do hope that Porsche made it better, much better than Renault. Afterall, Taycan is almost four times more expensive :rolleyes:

i’ll see that next summer.
Roof in Taycan blocks more heat than my Tesla roof did. I live in S. Florida - a perfect test to it's abilities. In addition, ever window minus the roof is tinted with Autobahn i3 ceramic film and that adds even more protection I can feel. Cabin stays cooler and A/C never has to work overtime.

Reactions: B61

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
Emission wheels (21 inch) because I live in NY. Also the insulated windows and Innodrive

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Most options I immediately either wanted or thought were a waste of money for me.
I am still debating whether to go for standard, full leather or Oleo interior and exactly which leather colour.
I only know it won't be black!

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
On the CT, roof rails and the off-road package. I eventually opted for neither of them, but really could have gone either way.
Sponsored