Which option did you have the hardest time reaching a decision?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Nice to hear another Taycanite that cycled through colors but landed on Ice Grey Metallic! good taste! ;)
oh yeah…colours.
it was the hardest decision…at the end, my wife decided (as i already said several times: happy wife, happy life).

On my list, there were:
- mamba green (couldn’t find olea leather that would match; beige is too bright, hard to clean)
- chalk/crayon
- ice grey
- neptune blue

I’d probably go with neptune blue (+ truffle brown olea), but when I saw my car in person, I’m even more satisfied with my wife’s decision.
Sponsored

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Agreed.
I drove sedan with pano roof…it looks great, but i’m still worried about the sun/heat during summer.
i have pano roof in my Koleos…but I can “close” it. It’s definitelly more hot in the cabin, but I do hope that Porsche made it better, much better than Renault. Afterall, Taycan is almost four times more expensive :rolleyes:

i’ll see that next summer.
The panorama roof is also ok in summer. You can feel the sun but it's not hot. The interior remains pleasantly cool.

Reactions: B61

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
I am still struggling with the purchase of rear wheel steering, for which I also need air suspension. I'll probably go for it but am sooo over my budget already with the 2 premium packages, custom paint, full leather, etc
Both are VERY nice to have IMO

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
For me it was:

1. Color (Gentian blue vs ice gray vs Neptune blue vs dolomite silver)
2. Interior (leather vs standard)
3. Wheels (Mission E vs Taycan exclusive)

In that order!

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
1. Interior: Truffle Brown Olea v Bordeaux/Black (went TB)

2. Wheels: 21s v 20s taycan turbo (21s)

3. Exterior: chalk v dolomite v volcano (chalk)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
1. Interior: Truffle Brown Olea v Bordeaux/Black (went TB)

2. Wheels: 21s v 20s taycan turbo (21s)

3. Exterior: chalk v dolomite v volcano (chalk)
Is the truffle brown a dark brown in reality? It looks almost as dark as the black to me in the UK configurator. I like the idea but don't want a dark interior.

ACGNerd

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan RWD in Frozen Blue Metallic
Country flag
Whether to go full blackberry for the interior, it looks so good with Neodyme accent!
Well I eventually opt-ed out of it... blackberry doesn't go with the frozen blue exterior color.

Reactions: B61

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Is the truffle brown a dark brown in reality? It looks almost as dark as the black to me in the UK configurator. I like the idea but don't want a dark interior.
I’ll let you know when I receive it for sure but alas dealing with the delays.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
For me it was:

1. Color (Gentian blue vs ice gray vs Neptune blue vs dolomite silver)
2. Interior (leather vs standard)
3. Wheels (Mission E vs Taycan exclusive)

In that order!
What exterior color did you end up going with?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
No, truffle-brown is definitely not dark.
IMO, blackberry is darker than truffle brown.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
No, truffle-brown is definitely not dark.
IMO, blackberry is darker than truffle brown.
Thanks.
I am looking for the minimum amount of black but a cool pale interior. The beige still looks the palest overall but I like the non-black dash of both Blackberry and Truffle brown.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Blackberry would be even my 1st choice, but it's not available in olea leather.
I'm expecting my car to be delivered by the end of this (or next) week, but I've already seen him in person. I've never seen blackberry, but I'm very glad of truffle-brown. :like:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I decided pretty quickly on color (Dolomite) model (CT 4) and getting the Premium and Technology packages.

I spent considerable time debating sport sound, sport chrono package and deletion of model designation (opted yes on all of these).

The option that gave me the most angst was the wheel. I didn't want to go with the 21" for various reasons but for style of wheel, I struggled and still am although I am leaning towards the CT Turbo S wheel

My first inclination was the off road design but opted against that because it looked a bit stark and thought the open design would be harder to keep the wheel clean with the brake dust.

I next moved to the Turbo S but moved off of that because the black plate seemed to stand out to much and with no offense looked like a large black glossy hub cap.

I am now leaning toward the Turbo S wheel because there is enough going on on the surface to break up the black glossy plate.

Which option or options caused you to struggle with the most?
You know this was the toughest thing for me; wheels. I hate to say it but they all look pretty poor irl, I was so disappointed by the CT Turbo wheels which I was initially set on. They look so plastic! So Turbo S for CT became the default purely because there's no better choice. I can't justify the 21s and if my exterior colour choice worked with the off-roads I'd probably pick those but I don't think they work with the various silver/grey options I prefer.

On colours I saw a beautiful ice grey saloon next to a volcanic grey CT at the dealership and was really badly torn between the two when a customer's dolomite silver drove in. Done. Soon as I saw it. Seriously beautiful and a grand cheaper than ice grey! Incidentally my dealer then showed me a green saloon with bordeaux interior plus green wheels. I think it's variously called Hulk/The Frog/Watermelon - looks amazing. I mean, not my taste at all, but looks stunning. I'd be afraid of someone taking a key to it and the resale value too but if you've got the stones just go for it :cool:

OP
OP

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
You know this was the toughest thing for me; wheels. I hate to say it but they all look pretty poor irl, I was so disappointed by the CT Turbo wheels which I was initially set on. They look so plastic! So Turbo S for CT became the default purely because there's no better choice. I can't justify the 21s and if my exterior colour choice worked with the off-roads I'd probably pick those but I don't think they work with the various silver/grey options I prefer.

On colours I saw a beautiful ice grey saloon next to a volcanic grey CT at the dealership and was really badly torn between the two when a customer's dolomite silver drove in. Done. Soon as I saw it. Seriously beautiful and a grand cheaper than ice grey! Incidentally my dealer then showed me a green saloon with bordeaux interior plus green wheels. I think it's variously called Hulk/The Frog/Watermelon - looks amazing. I mean, not my taste at all, but looks stunning. I'd be afraid of someone taking a key to it and the resale value too but if you've got the stones just go for it :cool:
We arrived at the same conclusion. Dolomite with Turbo S wheels. Maybe its because I was born in Dundee.:like:
Sponsored