Which option do you need to be able to get Rear cross-traffic alert?

tain316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have a question relating to the rear cross-traffic alert feature for all the Taycan models.

Which option do you need to be able to get this feature? I have read elsewhere it does not come standard. However, I am not sure which option it comes with. Does it come with the Premium package or do you need to have another option to get it?
Sponsored

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sadly I don't believe the Taycan has rear cross traffic alert, only "intersection alert" which is front
traffic alert. Personally I have not found it helpful, often triggering when I am sitting at a turn
signal. Rear Cross traffic alert is super helpful, I have it in other cards.

OP
OP
tain316

tain316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Sadly I don't believe the Taycan has rear cross traffic alert, only "intersection alert" which is front
traffic alert. Personally I have not found it helpful, often triggering when I am sitting at a turn
signal. Rear Cross traffic alert is super helpful, I have it in other cards.

Well, that's a bummer. I agree it is very helpful in certain situations.

Thanks for the info!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I guess I just assumed it would have rear CTA. That's unfortunate, especially in a car with limited visibility out the back. It's a very useful feature on the e-Tron; even my Ford F250 has rear CTA.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have a question relating to the rear cross-traffic alert feature for all the Taycan models.

Which option do you need to be able to get this feature? I have read elsewhere it does not come standard. However, I am not sure which option it comes with. Does it come with the Premium package or do you need to have another option to get it?
It does exist not clear if part of ACC, ACC + Innodrive, 3D Parking Assistant or all....

Porsche Taycan Which option do you need to be able to get Rear cross-traffic alert? DA9CFD47-E94E-4B6F-A368-7F792C65FE32

OP
OP
tain316

tain316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
It does exist not clear if part of ACC, ACC + Innodrive, 3D Parking Assistant or all....

DA9CFD47-E94E-4B6F-A368-7F792C65FE32.png

Hmmm.... very strange that it's not clear what package this is part of.

Thanks for the additional info, W1NGE!

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From the owners manual:

The rear collision warning does not respond to
cross traffic, small cross-section vehicles, narrow
vehicles, and objects that are not recognised
as vehicles.

Evidently - no 'cross-traffic' warning. Too bad - I can't believe how many people crossing behind you figure they need to hit the accelerator when they see you backing out. :mad:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
From the owners manual:

The rear collision warning does not respond to
cross traffic, small cross-section vehicles, narrow
vehicles, and objects that are not recognised
as vehicles.

Evidently - no 'cross-traffic' warning. Too bad - I can't believe how many people crossing behind you figure they need to hit the accelerator when they see you backing out. :mad:
The Rear Cross Alert picture I posted is from the Owners / User Manual / Porsche Good to Know App. So it does exist but the mystery to solve now is with what options such as the ones I mentioned above.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The Rear Cross Alert picture I posted is from the Owners / User Manual / Porsche Good to Know App. So it does exist but the mystery to solve now is with what options such as the ones I mentioned above.
RCA definitely exists, but it sounds like the RCA will only detect objects that are behind you, not 'crossing', so the name is a bit misleading.

FullyLoaded4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Should be part of the Active Parking feature. That’s at least the case here in Denmark.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Should be part of the Active Parking feature. That’s at least the case here in Denmark.
Yes, the info for "Park Assist inkl. Surround View" says:

- Exit Manoeuvre Warning
The Exit Manoeuvre Warning uses the rear radar and, where system limitations allow, warns the driver when reversing slowly when the parking aid is activated. The system warns, for example, of critically approaching vehicles when leaving a perpendicular parking space. The information is provided in stages – visually on the PCM touchscreen display, audibly and, if necessary, with a jolt of the brakes.
- Manoeuvring Assist
The Manoeuvring Assist can, where system limitations allow, prevent collisions through braking in tight and complex manoeuvring situations when reversing.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, the info for "Park Assist inkl. Surround View" says:

- Exit Manoeuvre Warning
The Exit Manoeuvre Warning uses the rear radar and, where system limitations allow, warns the driver when reversing slowly when the parking aid is activated. The system warns, for example, of critically approaching vehicles when leaving a perpendicular parking space. The information is provided in stages – visually on the PCM touchscreen display, audibly and, if necessary, with a jolt of the brakes.
- Manoeuvring Assist
The Manoeuvring Assist can, where system limitations allow, prevent collisions through braking in tight and complex manoeuvring situations when reversing.
3D Surround View with Active Parking Support and not the 360 Surround View.

Typical Porsche - charge a hefty premium for safety features. In UK this would cost nearly £3000 ( must have comfort pack, 360 surround and then 3D).

Joke!

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
The Taycan does/can have it, I know because I've seen the warning come up on the screen. However like all the similar warnings it's never triggered for anything useful. I wouldn't lose sleep about not having it.

I have Innodrive and surround view, for what it's worth.

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
Major missing feature!
Sponsored