matth

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Amarok
Country flag
We are going fully electric and have a Tesla Model 3 and Taycan 4s arriving in the next few months.

We don’t do a huge number of miles so am thinking of just getting a single charging point but info seems a lot more opaque than it should be.

Any UK based owners that can offer any suggestions. Our installers are recommending Tesla, EO Mini or Anderson chargers but I can’t work out how suitable these would be for both vehicles or whether I should just get two points?

Many thanks!
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I’d get a dual charger. Each outlet providing 7.2Kw. 32Amp each circuit, so total 64Amp. I’ve got one already for wife’s hybrid, getting another fitted other side of garage for the Taycan. If the Taycan is empty it will take 13 hours to charge ish! Plenty of time overnight.

Mak123

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 5 series, Audi Q7, BMW i8
Country flag
I’ve got a BP Charge master, had it about 3 years and never had any issues with it.

OP
OP

matth

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Amarok
Country flag
Many thanks I think current thinking is an Andersen and we can tag team the cars....

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Think I might go for the EO March Mini Smart Home through the Octopus Energy Offer.

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
I’ve just had a Wallbox pulsar plus installed. I’ve got the 3 phase box but just connected a single phase to start - future proofing as we might get 3 phase power to the house in the coming months.

it’s really neat and has a separate holster for the tethered power plug which suits our installation as it’s a bit hard to get easily to the box itself.

the app is really easy to use and it all worked first time. Worth a look.

will post some photos tomorrow ....

https://wallbox.com/en_uk/wallbox-pulsar

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Here’s the Wallbox pulsar plus in situ.

Porsche Taycan Which UK Home Charger 1FD44AF3-4DC0-4DA1-91A2-7C6949FAB9DE

now all I need is a car to charge with it....

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My problem with the Anderson is quite expensive and really doesn't have many features, apart from looking quite smart. I installed the MyEnergi Zappi 2 during the summer and it is probably the most sophisticated charge point you can buy. Basically, it has the ability to work with home battery storage and solar panels to charge a car during the day from 100% solar alone.

I have attached a picture from the MyEnergi app which shows it working charging my Tesla from solar/battery without drawing from the grid at all! You can also see it sharing some of the power heating the hot water.

You may well find that owning an EV suddenly turns you on to all this stuff!

Porsche Taycan Which UK Home Charger 0180f1c2b0700bdec90e272c552e0b4df233a80503

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Smart Eq ForFour
Country flag
I thought Anderson was expensive and am considering Pod-point or EVBOX ELvi (has its own SIM card).

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Recently had charger installed in the garage in preparation for getting the car.

Went for an EO mini and had an additional commando socket added. I also purchased a OHME charger from Octopus as a backup given it was only £199. This is currently connected to the commando socket and offers 7.4 Kw.

Have requested the additional commando cable with the porsche charger but am not sure what charge rate I will get out of that if connected to the commando - 3.6 or 7.4. From reading the threads I believe it will only be 3.6 given it is single phase.
Sponsored