Who has experience going from Taycan Sedan to Taycan Cross Turismo?

OP
OP

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Yup. My first was the Frozen blue color. I was able to get my hands on it in April, 2020, just after COVID began. Loved the car, but the color got old very fast. In June 2021, a black 4s customer order arrived, but the customer had an issue in closing the deal, so I bought it instead.

I ordered the Ice Grey CT4s in the end of January, 2021 and it arrived in the beginning of June, 2022. I will be keeping this vehicle for a while!
My 4S sedan is ice grey👍

I’m curious how you chose to sell the first two if you are willing to share. Trade, private sell, something else?
Sponsored

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
For me it’s the sedan that gives me the 4 door 911 feel. Estates and CT’s are too “family car” for me.
takes it back from “supersport” design to audi A6, Merc E, or BMW5 estate territory. But then again each to their own.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
My 4S sedan is ice grey👍

I’m curious how you chose to sell the first two if you are willing to share. Trade, private sell, something else?

I traded both of my sedan Taycan's in with the dealership. Was just easier to manage that way. Both of the dealerships were great to work with, especially the Aristocrat Porsche team in Kansas City. They had an open allocation when I did my regional search for a CT4s, and accepted a $1k deposit. they also did not charge over MSRP for my build, so it all worked out.

Baam!!

First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have had a Loaner Taycan RWD sedan for several weeks while my CT4S has been off the road... No way would I want a Sedan and definitely not RWD. As for 4 or 4S the 4 is decidedly less fun than the 4S.
One man’s meat is another man’s poison. The CT was a dead NO for me.

Baam!!

First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
For me it’s the sedan that gives me the 4 door 911 feel. Estates and CT’s are too “family car” for me.
takes it back from “supersport” design to audi A6, Merc E, or BMW5 estate territory. But then again each to their own.
Totally agree with you. The CT was a dead NO for me.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I believe it was Benjamin Frankine who said It's easier to find lighter riders than to buy a bigger horse.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I don’t think any version of Taycan is good for the use case where adults are rear passengers frequently. The J1 platform has its limitations…..

I have the CT and kids that are ~5ft tall. They have both commented that the rear is smaller/tighter than my Pan ST. Fine once they are in and seated but not exactly awesome for daily school drop off and pick-up.

I can’t wait until the Pan (or possibly the A6 wagon) is available as an EV. As a family, we will probably outgrow the Taycan around the same time that one of these hits the market. Will be perfect 👍

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have the CT and kids that are ~5ft tall. They have both commented that the rear is smaller/tighter than my Pan ST. Fine once they are in and seated but not exactly awesome for daily school drop off and pick-up.

Mine would accept being locked up in the trunk as long as their Uber (me) would take them to school in a Porsche

Kids.

• Haha
Reactions: B61

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
My daughters are 9 and 12 and do still fit :angel:
My wife is not that tall, her seat is quite forward. So it works for now.
We also have a Mini Countryman Hybrid, that’s the fallback when people start complaining.
I’m in the Taycan 95% of the time on my own. Before, I had a Merc E 207 Coupe, 2 very long doors and sliding chairs to get in. Worked just fine too.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I try to live my life for myself and my family. I don't let other people outside of my nuclear family to influence or dictate my living style.

I have a collegue who bought a 12 chair dinning table that barely fits in his living room. I asked him "why" since doesn't even have kids. He replied "because I sometimes invite friends over". Fair enough. Soon later he bought a huge wine cooler. It wouldn't fit in the kitchen so he traded in his "american style" two door fridge so that he could have the wine cooler and a small fridge in the kitchen. Once again, I asked "Why? You don't even drink wine". He replied, once again "Most of my friends appreciate wine, so I bought it".

I don't know. I guess everyone can do as they please but reorienting my purchase decisions, trading in fridges, buying coolers and tables just because, sometimes, I might want to have the company of a few friends once or twice a year... definitely not something I would do.

If they don't fit in my house, let's go to a restaurant. It's not a big deal for me (plus I don't have to deal with dishes afterwards)

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Exactly why I would not even consider owning a Taycan Sedan. Had a base RWD loaner for a week. Helped me to fall in love with the Porsche EV concept but knew right away that (a) cargo would be limited, (b) rear seat entry and head room was much too tight and (c) the sedan has less ground clearance than the CT models, and it would rub on inclines and my driveway apron.

Coming from a 2021 Cayenne Turbo Coupe, my wife and two teenage daughters (16 and 19) fit perfectly and the performance and driving dynamics of my 4S CT are outstanding, keeping in mind I have all of the goodies (RAS, PTV, Air Suspension and PDCC).

As for looks, they are subjective. Personally I love the look of my EWAGON and if you ask the audience for their opinion, people wave, beep the horn and thumbs up the car almost daily.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve gone from a 4S to the GTS ST. Going from 20 inch to 21 inch on wheel size. No problem, the ride is still good. The biggest difference is efficiency! so far 207 mile range is the best I’ve seen. With the 4S it was 270 plus. I expect it will improve now re-gen’ has started to operate but still a good way to go. Was it worth the change? YES.

OP
OP

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts. I have decided to delay any decision on switching to a CT pending the introduction of the Taycan mid-cycle refresh, whenever that may occur. EV technology is advancing rapidly, so I want to see what is new for the Taycan and possibly the Macan EV. Moving from a '21 4S sedan to a '23 CT4 means the same technology for motors and battery that I currently have. Here's to shorter friends in the interim:)

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think it's down to taste.

Personally I love the sedan look. Seller had a couple of unclaimed CTs for sale but I didn't even want to look at them. The design doesn't appeal to me.

During the test drive in a 4S sedan, I purposefully sat wife, kids and myself in the back several times to make sure nobody would bump their heads (I don't like the pan roof either as it's unpractical in my country during high summer).

Personally, I would keep the sedan and get shorter friends.

My two cents.
😅😆😅😆😅
Sponsored