Who has read the manual from cover to cover?

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Man it’s really a tough one to read and I’m only at “B” (page 60-ish). Every chapter is full of caution (cover my a** text) which just makes it so hard to read. But every now and then smal pieces of relevant information is in there - how the lane assist actually works and so forth..

But how many of you guys actually read the thing (and the other 4 books regarding charging etc) - and any suggestions on what to read and what to pass.

Porsche Taycan Who has read the manual from cover to cover? 681B37CD-76A1-411D-AE4F-8E3F2D89560A
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I take it with me to read on short trips, etc. Haven’t much headway. I’ll read something, then run to the car to try it. Then I drive off and leave the manual behind to drive!

keeps happening over and over....

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Man it’s really a tough one to read and I’m only at “B” (page 60-ish). Every chapter is full of caution (cover my a** text) which just makes it so hard to read. But every now and then smal pieces of relevant information is in there - how the lane assist actually works and so forth..

But how many of you guys actually read the thing (and the other 4 books regarding charging etc) - and any suggestions on what to read and what to pass.

681B37CD-76A1-411D-AE4F-8E3F2D89560A.jpeg
I read it complete while my car was in PDI, but I was unable to absorb so much information at once. So I must consult the manual for details at least twice a month. I did also read and even reread the manuals for Home Energy Management and PMCC, to be able to configure correctly all of these, albeit it has taken almost two months to fully understand the complex configuration.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Browsed it twice. Just detailed whenever I felt like I needed it. But at least I know I've read something about something somewhere, and then it's super easy to find from the "Good to know"-app.

I would recommend every Taycan owner, or prospective one, to both read the manual and download the app. 90% of the questions on here could be answered by searching the manual.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I went through it cover to cover the day I brought the car home. I can't say I read every word (or every warning) but I did read each and every topic to the extent that I don't think I missed anything.

Now, whether I remember everything... that's a different question...

Will there be a test?

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I read it too, but would definitely fail the test...

Good to Know app is a must indeed

OP
OP
JacobDK

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went through it cover to cover the day I brought the car home. I can't say I read every word (or every warning) but I did read each and every topic to the extent that I don't think I missed anything.

Will there be a test?
I think I could make som suggestions towards making it more readable - first of let the first (or last) 100 pages be full of the endless warnings the we could all get on with the relevant content. Next cut down on the words and keep the essential stuff. My favorite bit so far is that they have gone to great lenghts to explain in a schematic form that no matter which child carseat you use - they cannot be fitted in the drivers seat ?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

That is why I don't read it, could not remember it anyway!

I have the PDF version and use Ctrl+F, if I need something.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I like to read stuff even if my goal is not to memorize everything. Unexpected details tend to pop out at you and you also get the "I think I remember reading something about that" effect moving forward...

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I’m currently reading it while I wait for my car. I can understand not reading the manual end to end, but I’m always amazed how frequently people will ask questions on Facebook, etc, that are easily answered by the manual or even a google search. The manual is even available on the screen in the Tesla.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I would love to read it if I had one!

Many cars delivered in UK did not get the manual, service booklet or the pouch it comes in.

I've complained 4 times now and continue to be fed excuses.

Apparently these items are not put in the vehicles prior to leaving the factory but instead at the port of entry.

Fortunately there is the GTK App (complete with errors) to rely on.
Sponsored