Who has read the manual from cover to cover?

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
Man it’s really a tough one to read and I’m only at “B” (page 60-ish). Every chapter is full of caution (cover my a** text) which just makes it so hard to read. But every now and then smal pieces of relevant information is in there - how the lane assist actually works and so forth..

But how many of you guys actually read the thing (and the other 4 books regarding charging etc) - and any suggestions on what to read and what to pass.

681B37CD-76A1-411D-AE4F-8E3F2D89560A.jpeg
I confess! Whilst waiting the the car the Good to Know App was really useful as you could select a topic at a time. I put a lot of options on the car and whilst a lot of it is intuative there are other aspects like playing videos from a USB; setting the Range max speed that you do need to read up on.
I was lucky my car did come with a manual and I have scan read it but it pretty much mirrors the Good To Know MY2021 app.
I also watched a lot of YouTube videos as understanding charging profiles and setting charging timers takes a bit if getting your head around - but it is quite easy once you know.
Preparation is essential with new tech and driving an EV is a slightly different approach to driving ICE cars. Those that do not prepare and understand their cars are those that may feature in newspapers complaining how their journey home took multiple hours. You cannot hang the responsibility on the dealer and as owner you should have an understanding as to how your car works and how you can get the most out of it.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Browsed it twice. Just detailed whenever I felt like I needed it. But at least I know I've read something about something somewhere, and then it's super easy to find from the "Good to know"-app.

I would recommend every Taycan owner, or prospective one, to both read the manual and download the app. 90% of the questions on here could be answered by searching the manual.
or as we did on the tesla forums when inundated with new model 3 owners, tell them to RTFM