OP
Domy69

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
It’s been said many times, but apparently it’s not sinking in: delays aren’t specific to a model year. Cancel and order anew away, just know the likelihood of delays on new orders is the same.

If your point is there shouldn’t be delays - yes, ack, loud and clear, absolutely. But suck it up or move on, whining about it doesn’t help. Ffs.
Because it is the principe of a forum to rejoice, question, take opinions and complain about a situation. this situation deserves to complain because the production line continues with new heaters while cars at 160k€ are awaiting delivery and rot in a parking lot. Feel free to skip the post 👌
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Because it is the principe of a forum to rejoice, question, take opinions and complain about a situation. this situation deserves to complain because the production line continues with new heaters while cars at 160k€ are awaiting delivery and rot in a parking lot. Feel free to skip the post 👌
In the same principle, many members here tried to help those complaining in understanding that there have been delays before, that they are committing logical fallacies and so on. For instance, the fact that waiting is unacceptable at the 160k price point: at what point, exactly, does that become acceptable? How about 1.5 years (or longer) for a 300k GT3RS with dealer markup?

To your specific point: it's been often stated that no one, really, outside of Porsche and their subsidiaries - not dealers - truly has insight into what is going on. There is an insane amount of speculation based on untrustworthy data - dates/statuses in TYD are unreliable. It is the manufacturer's prerogative to share or withhold that information, as well as deciding how that information is being shared. It sucks, and indeed can be construed as disrespect for the customer. It's not personal, and it's your prerogative as a potential customer to cancel your order, or take your business to a more reliable/friendly manufacturer.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
if you think the entitled whining on this board is bad, you should have been around the tesla boards circa 2011-2014. ooof. talk about kvetching.

BUT.

then, as now, we are paying top dollar (pretty much) for a vehicle that should not whither under commensurate expectations. P has done quite a lot right with the Taycan, hence why we're all here. but they can certainly do better, on the small stuff, and the big stuff. a bbs is where enthusiasts come to enthuse, and also to bitch. c'est la vie.

i will say that having 'suffered' through the growing pains of a brand new car company with the 2012 Model S, it turned out to be THE most reliable vehicle i've ever even heard about. i can count on 1 hand the number of times it's been in the shop since i bought it ten years ago. one key advantage is that EVs have MANY fewer moving parts than ICE cars. really cuts down on the maintenance and failure mode vectors. the Taycan ought to benefit from that ultimately as well. there will be hiccups as they learn about the new platform they've made. soon it will be sorted out. and, hopefully, they'll get where tesla got (for me anyway), which is i leave it for 6 months at a time, on 50% charge, i come back and open the door and drive off like i just left yesterday. no issues. it hasn't seen the inside of a service bay (other than a couple flat tires.. ooh those 21"ers) in more than 3 years. pretty dang worth the initial 'issues'.

and so, i pray and assume, it will be with the Taycan. patience. (i am preaching to myself mainly, :D )

OP
OP
Domy69

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my case, I think everyone understood, I will not accept the delivery (for good or bad reasons this choice is mine) 😅

It is true that I am very disappointed, which encourages me to try to find reasons to take this car all the same, but I cannot. I was to be delivered at the end of February at the beginning of March then announcement of 3 weeks (ok) then announcement of +6 months (not ok). My last delivery date is April 30. seller (completely professional and who informs as best he can) do not want to cancel my order without 15% fees and that it is not acceptable. I don't want this delay and I prefer that we break the contract but obviously he doesn't want to. it made me waste time and I had scheduled the sale at a good price of my current vehicle, sale lost on my side obviously. I'm not interested in compensation I'm interested drove my Taycan, or another one who is ok for me, fast as possible.

After on the question of "what are the risks of leaving a vehicle for so long without moving" I think it may be of interest to other members. If you read my 1st post I give recommendations given by a manufacturer
I am not the not the author of this list of recommendations and some points seem to me quite disproportionate when it is your own car to be stored for a few months, however they explain what must be done so that the vehicle does not deteriorate and keep a new one and not become a second hand (this is the point where I want to go)

FYI I am connected to my vehicle, so the 12v battery has simply not been disconnected and the cars are simply left there without further actions and precautions. this is also unacceptable and it deserves to be full.

Porsche Taycan Why a large delay of delivery does not interest me CA5A53E9-D5A5-4F80-B87F-4950C4C44B39

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
What level is the battery charged to when they come out of the factory (just out of interest for the cars currently being stored)?

Is it the same for all of them, or does it vary from car to car?

I assume it's the dealer that fully charges then before customer collection.

OP
OP
Domy69

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What level is the battery charged to when they come out of the factory (just out of interest for the cars currently being stored)?

Is it the same for all of them, or does it vary from car to car?

I assume it's the dealer that fully charges then before customer collection.
No idea, I assume it is 50% to preserve as they can the battery. As I have never connnected my account with the PCM in the vehicule I have only bases informations with my VIN and the signal who inform me the car is alive lol
Sponsored