Why a large delay of delivery does not interest me

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
How can I prepare my Electric Vehicle for long-term storage?
If you plan on storing your Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) for more than 30 days, follow the recommendations below to make sure your vehicle stays in good operating condition.
General
  • Store your vehicle in a dry, ventilated area.
  • Protect from sunlight, if possible.
  • If your vehicle is stored outside, it will require regular maintenance to protect against rust and damage.
Battery Systems
  • Maintain the high voltage (HV) battery state of charge at approximately 50%.
  • Once achieved, disconnect the 12-volt (12V) battery to reduce system loads on the HV battery. Note: Before disconnecting, be sure to have your key fob and access to a copy of your userguide of the vehicle.
    • Once you have disconnected 12V power, you will not be able to lock or unlock with the key fob or Phone As A Key™*.
    • If the vehicle is in a locked garage, it will be easiest to leave the FRUNK open for easy access to the 12V battery when you return.
    • If you are unable to leave the FRUNK open, you will need another 12V source to get into the FRUNK to reconnect the 12V battery. Follow the or refer to your under the Jump Starting the Vehicle section
Body
  • Before storing your vehicle, wash it thoroughly to remove dirt, grease, oil, tar, or mud from exterior surfaces, rear-wheel housing, and the underside of front fenders.
  • Periodically wash your vehicle if it is stored in an exposed location.
  • Touch up exposed or primed metal to prevent rust.
  • Cover chrome and stainless steel parts with a thick coat of auto wax to prevent discoloration. Re-wax as necessary when you wash your vehicle.
  • Lubricate all hood, door, and luggage compartment hinges, and latches with light grade oil.
  • Cover interior trim to prevent fading.
  • Keep all rubber parts free from oil and solvents.
Brakes
  • Make sure your vehicle's brakes and parking brake release fully.
Tires
  • Maintain your vehicle's recommended air pressure.
Miscellaneous
  • Make sure all linkages, cables, levers, and pins under your vehicle are covered with grease to prevent rust.
  • Try to move your vehicle at least 25 ft every 15 days to lubricate working parts and prevent corrosion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Domy69

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you want to believe that porsche pays someone to do all this on all storage parking lots?? HaHaHa!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Too funny. OP, do you put your clothes in plastic before you hang them up in your closet?

When I was in college, one of my roommates had a four year old Honda Civic. I asked him about maintenance. He said he’d never done anything, not even the breakin oil change. It had 55,000 miles on it. I saw him four years after graduating and he was still driving that car. Cars aren’t china dolls.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
you want to believe that porsche pays someone to do all this on all storage parking lots?? HaHaHa!
Uh, yeah? They're called 'employees', and they do exactly that - or most of whatever is applicable from your list.

(to no one in particular) WTH is with these people here lately, have they never looked up a car's manufactured date vs date of first registration? Do they think the cars spend all of that time in vaults?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Uh, yeah? They're called 'employees', and they do exactly that - or most of whatever is applicable from your list.

(to no one in particular) WTH is with these people here lately, have they never looked up a car's manufactured date vs date of first registration? Do they think the cars spend all of that time in vaults?
This forum has more high maintenance whiners (many new to Porsche and/or owning six figure cars) than I’ve ever seen on the Interwebs. Some of them seem to think they’re buying Piscassos, rather than just an overpriced piece of metal and plastic.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
This forum has more high maintenance whiners (many new to Porsche and/or owning six figure cars) than I’ve ever seen on the Interwebs. Some of them seem to think they’re buying Piscassos, rather than just an overpriced piece of metal and plastic.
if my car is not fresh from the factory i don’t want it! People who buy cars that sit on lots are suckers!!!

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I’ll try and stay clear of the fray…

while I agree that outdoor storage (especially near a port) isn’t the best. New cars generally have protective fil on them. This includes the wheels to prevent rain from splattering on The brake discs. These mitigations will help. Beyond those physical mitigations the software, ride height, and other functions are typically locked down and set to a transport mode that maximizes resilience.

Beyond that a few months won’t hurt.
Porsche Taycan Why a large delay of delivery does not interest me 3368C37C-EF3B-4403-893A-F243CEEEDBA4

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Dodge has the highest initial quality according to JD Powers, Porsche is far down the list. Reading this forum I've come to realize why. When someone buys a Dodge and experiences a squeak or a rattle they tend to just accept it as part of the car. Some of the "horrible problems" I've seen described here would have me looking at the commenter with a side eye asking "That's your big issue?"

The actual initial quality for the Porsches is certainly significantly higher than for a Dodge, but expectations are so much higher that Porsche cannot excel. I'm sure it's the same for most luxury brands.

OP
OP
Domy69

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
when you buy a new vehicle you expect a new vehicle. if the vehicle is stored for very long months (we are not talking about 2 to 3 months guys but 6+ months..) it is undeniable that this has a negative impact on the vehicle. these recommendations come from a manufacturer and certainly on the car parks of importers all this is not done. In my possession I am already meticulous with my cars indeed whether it is a lada or a porsche it matters little.

the problem with the plastic film is that obviously it is planned for a short period. for a prolonged period the glue attacks the varnish as some of the forum explained it with their problem of waiting during the 12v affair.

I would end with.. it is precisely because it is a metal thing that leaving it immobilized outside for VERY long time is really not advisable. the parts must move and lubricate constantly.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
There is also the point that waiting 6 months for a MY23 will mean you could have ordered a MY24. Yes I know it will be circa 5% more expensive but when you sell it some of that is recouped.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
If your vehicle is stored outside, it will require regular maintenance to protect against rust and damage.
Yes an inspection once per year.

My 500E is off the road, I drive it up and down my drive every 6 months to make sure everything is OK.
No noticable flat spots on the tyres over this timeframe and the only problems have been the rear headrest retraction system only releases one headrest and anywhere rusty gets slowly worse.

It is 32 years old though and had a very hard life before I put it away.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Dodge has the highest initial quality according to JD Powers, Porsche is far down the list. Reading this forum I've come to realize why. When someone buys a Dodge and experiences a squeak or a rattle they tend to just accept it as part of the car. Some of the "horrible problems" I've seen described here would have me looking at the commenter with a side eye asking "That's your big issue?"

The actual initial quality for the Porsches is certainly significantly higher than for a Dodge, but expectations are so much higher that Porsche cannot excel. I'm sure it's the same for most luxury brands.
So, I got a 2016 Honda Pilot in late June 2015. It was one of the first off the line, with a major redesign. Perfect transition for me to get outta the Odyssey and of course I had to travel out of state to get the rarest dark green color. Car was perfect, but in the first few days the entire digital display manager whatever it's called completely died. So it went in for a fix, and it took a little time because the whole service department hadn't even seen the new Pilot yet, but that was a really fun reveal to them.

Anyway, the car has this annoying very occasional low crackling sound through the speakers when playing music via bluetooth. We've found when it happens, turning off the ignition and restarting the car fixes it. So every once in a while you'll see me pull out of the driveway, drive 4 houses down, pull over, turn the car off and on and drive away. Slight irritation, but feels like little else than just restarting a crashed app on a computer or phone.

I hadn't looked at Honda Pilot forums for years (because duh, it's just a Honda Pilot), but a year or two ago I was looking around, wondering what the upcoming redesigns were rumored to be, and lo and behold, thread after thread on Class Action lawsuits over this bluetooth crackling thing!!!!! I was floored. You gotta be kidding me! I was dumbfounded. I didn't even want to read any further. Total insanity.

I just had to share that :D

OP
OP
Domy69

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly on the forum there is a lot of opinions to take delivery of the car even with so many delays and others in the same direction as mine.

I had 3 BMWs before buying the Taycan. 2 totally new (production date and delivery less than 2 months later) without any worries. My 320d had 270,000km when I sold it and the X5 M50D had 200,000km. My 530d on the other hand... It was an end of series but very good promotion on it.

When I received it I saw that the production date was 8 months old!! The seller told me "don't worry, it doesn't change the quality, it's new!" hum.. Engine broken after 7000km, silentblock prematurely worn, front bearing that I had to change at 80,000km...

Is it a coincidence? I don't think so, but everyone is free to form their own opinion.

As many say..this is not a Picasso, nor is it a special edition..why should I accept such a long delay? With the "risks" of wear that are not due to my own use??? For a NEW vehicle at the price of a new one? I prefer an secondhand at the price of an 2cd and available immediately in this situation. Just my opinion and I respect those who accept this from Porsche (or other brands). It's not my case.

It would be so much easier if Porsche followed the First In First Out policy, but they prefer to run the production line rather than putting their customers first. My reaction is therefore cold and unambiguous either.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
It’s been said many times, but apparently it’s not sinking in: delays aren’t specific to a model year. Cancel and order anew away, just know the likelihood of delays on new orders is the same.

If your point is there shouldn’t be delays - yes, ack, loud and clear, absolutely. But suck it up or move on, whining about it doesn’t help. Ffs.

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
The way people defend porsche on here you’d think they’re getting cut a check from them monthly

it’s okay to appreciate your car and simultaneously admit the car manufacturer can make mistakes or understand that folks don’t want to give up any more money than they need to a corporation.

The same folks trolling others on here for looking for a sound build or deal on their cash are the same folks who find every loophole to avoid donating that same penny to the federal government. Irony!
Sponsored