Why are my settings not all being stored in Driving Modes?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I want regen and Sport Sound in Normal Mode but after I change it, it's not stored while my ride height (lowest) is.
Why?
That doesn't make sense.
Same for other Driving Modes.
This is so annoying.
I know I can do this in Individual Mode but I'd rather have the car just start (which is Normal Mode) without having to change anything...
Sponsored

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Agree it is annoying. Hopefully it can (easily) be rectified in a future update.
Strange as well that you cannot save regen, not even in individual.

Car is fantastic. Software has a long way to go.

Reactions: Dee
OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Agree it is annoying. Hopefully it can (easily) be rectified in a future update.
Strange as well that you cannot save regen, not even in individual.

Car is fantastic. Software has a long way to go.
I think regen is standard on in Individual.
At least it is stored with me...
So annoying.

Last edited:

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
I know, but I'd want to save different regen settings for different modes. Or in individual.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I know, but I'd want to save different regen settings for different modes. Or in individual.
Ah ok, you mean off-on-auto for regen.
Indeed, same "issue".
I mean, why would one setting up a car every single time they want to take it out for a drive?
Who?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Call Porsche.
Tell your service advisor.
Write an email.
Do all of those things. Once a week.

It clearly is an issue that we want “fixed”. And they think this is “correct” operation. They decided at some point that regen settings aren’t sticky. As a driver, I HATE it when my car changes settings.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Call Porsche.
Tell your service advisor.
Write an email.
Do all of those things. Once a week.

It clearly is an issue that we want “fixed”. And they think this is “correct” operation. They decided at some point that regen settings aren’t sticky. As a driver, I HATE it when my car changes settings.
I hear you bro.
I think they read forums.
So this is actually step one. :)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hear you bro.
I think they read forums.
So this is actually step one. :)
Yes. They do. But... reading a forum doesn’t cost them money. Taking a call does. Replying to an email does. customer Service Statistics are collected on calls and emails. I doubt they collect stats on forum posts (or I’d get everything I ask for! :) )

Just sayin... certain things can be fixed by being a squeaky wheel. Like... squeaky wheels. Maybe. Probably. In a year or so.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yes. They do. But... reading a forum doesn’t cost them money. Taking a call does. Replying to an email does. customer Service Statistics are collected on calls and emails. I doubt they collect stats on forum posts (or I’d get everything I ask for! :) )

Just sayin... certain things can be fixed by being a squeaky wheel. Like... squeaky wheels. Maybe. Probably. In a year or so.
Step two has just being initiated.
I wrote to Porsche Netherlands ( [email protected]) and Porsche Deutschland ([email protected])
Also through their website with my vin-number etc. etc.

Maybe they'll include it in the firmware update of November.
How hard can it be?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve managed Customer Service organizations. I have annoying knowledge. Or knowledge in how to be annoying. Something like that.

I have great respect for well done Customer Service, and no respect for poorly done Customer Service. It’s not just listening. It requires action.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I want regen and Sport Sound in Normal Mode but after I change it, it's not stored while my ride height (lowest) is.
Why?
That doesn't make sense.
Same for other Driving Modes.
This is so annoying.
I know I can do this in Individual Mode but I'd rather have the car just start (which is Normal Mode) without having to change anything...
Besides the super hot pano roof, this is my biggest frustration so far! It seems hardly any settings are remembered, as if the computer inside is really dumb.

I would love to have the sports sound switched on with the Sport button and the music off.

I would love to have a press long function on both joker buttons for additional quick access.

I would love the car to remember that I was in Sport mode last I drove it.

I would REALLY love the car remember the seat cooling for the driver seat. (My Audi A7 did this, that was a really nice service!)

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I also want the passenger display to be on all the time.
I want to be in control, not the car.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
They decided at some point that regen settings aren’t sticky. As a driver, I HATE it when my car changes settings.
It is less changing settings, its simply falling back to default settings, which are sometimes totally unsuitable and make the driving quite less enjoyable. I hope Porsche is looking into this!

But then, knowing how this big German companies work, I have little hope. Just alone the problem of make a change in the software, which would then be different to what the printed manual of the car says. No, no, no!:whew:

• Haha
Reactions: Dee
OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It is less changing settings, its simply falling back to default settings, which are sometimes totally unsuitable and make the driving quite less enjoyable. I hope Porsche is looking into this!

But then, knowing how this big German companies work, I have little hope. Just alone the problem of make a change in the software, which would then be different to what the printed manual of the car says. No, no, no!:whew:
It says so in the manual but it doesn't say anything about stored permanently.
So there's a little room to change that.
Besides, it may have been designed to be stored but it doesn't work like it should.
Also called "issue".

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It says so in the manual but it doesn't say anything about stored permanently.
So there's a little room to change that.
Besides, it may have been designed to be stored but it doesn't work like it should.
Also called "issue".
I am totally with you! I just have little hopes for future updates OTA or not! In fact, I wonder why they even bother with OTA. Pure marketing ploy?

Sorry, don't want to sound so negative, but what I have seen from other brands...
Sponsored