Why are Taycan Colors so wrong on the Porsche Website

TaycanNut

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California
Country flag
Is it just me, or are we getting different colors for the Taycan here in the USA?

When I try to configure my Taycan on the Porsche website, and I pick the only red option, it comes up as a dark ugly red vs. what I see on stage at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Some of the other colors on the Configuration page appear to be so far off no one would ever order them.

WebsiteTaycanRed.jpg

PorscheTaycanFrankfurtShow8.jpg

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Porsche's configurator is the worst at properly displaying colors. It's honestly atrocious.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would hazard a guess that you are looking at 2 different colors - Carmine Red (GTS Red, Arena Red) on the configurator and Guards Red on the car on the show stand. They are indeed very different colors. I don't think Guards Red is a color option yet. Perhaps only on Special Wishes cars?

AlphaG

Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Is it just me, or are we getting different colors for the Taycan here in the USA?

When I try to configure my Taycan on the Porsche website, and I pick the only red option, it comes up as a dark ugly red vs. what I see on stage at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Some of the other colors on the Configuration page appear to be so far off no one would ever order them.

WebsiteTaycanRed.jpg

That’s not a dark ugly red.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag

WebsiteTaycanRed.jpg

Thats just personal taste. For me the darker read is beautiful, that light red is not attractive at all, The light red is the only color I have seen the Porsche that I do not like. But its just personal preference. I am tired of seeing 75% of all Porsches black, grey, silver or white, although I am leaning to the white.....:CWL:

And I agree the color configurator seems terrible. The white doesn't even look like white. It looks like an off white. At first I thought it was my computer ( a brand new apple mac), but then it was the same in my office computer, just slightly off white.

But the Taycan really is beautiful! Great design after months of the mules being trashed on this forum. Yes, a bit more conservative than some Mission E enthusiasts wanted, but really looks great, especially to people that have not really been paying attention to the Mission E and see the Taycan for the first time....such as some of my personal friends that I showed photos to.

Cone

First Name
Eduardo
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid. Taycan Turbo ordered
Country flag
I wonder if GT Silver metallic will be a special color for Taycan

OP

TaycanNut

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California
Country flag
I hear the Taycan at the Frankfurt show was Guards Red, not Carmine Red. Not sure why they would present it that way, unless Guards Red will be available in Germany/Europe, but not North America

felixtb

First Name
felix
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
It was Carmin but with all the lights on it it just popped off the floor! If you gave it a bit of a shadow the deep Carmin color came back. And no guards red is not available in Europe either....at least not for now.