4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
OK I'll admit this does not rank the biggest issue some have experienced, but I tried to launch Spotify while driving by saying "Hey Porsche - Play Spotify" so I would not have to be looking and pushing screen icons while driving. She replied "Sorry, you need to link Spotify to your account," or some such thing. So I went to do that on the car and the QR code had a vertical line going through it and throwing an error. So, on the advice of others, I accomplished the link on MyPorsche (see below), but its still not working. I can launch it manually so I am not suffering too much but…..am I missing something?

Porsche Taycan Why can't my car initiate Spotify? Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.07.42 AM
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
OK I'll admit this does not rank the biggest issue some have experienced, but I tried to launch Spotify while driving by saying "Hey Porsche - Play Spotify" so I would not have to be looking and pushing screen icons while driving. She replied "Sorry, you need to link Spotify to your account," or some such thing. So I went to do that on the car and the QR code had a vertical line going through it and throwing an error. So, on the advice of others, I accomplished the link on MyPorsche (see below), but its still not working. I can launch it manually so I am not suffering too much but…..am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.07.42 AM.png
When you say launch manually, is that by using the centre screen to open Spotify?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you say launch manually, is that by using the centre screen to open Spotify?
yeah I currently have to start the car, wait for ApplePlay to engage, then change PCM menu to ApplePlay menu, then swipe left to find and select Spotify, then select "Liked Songs." Its so much work that I have to take a nap afterwards.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
yeah I currently have to start the car, wait for ApplePlay to engage, then change PCM menu to ApplePlay menu, then swipe left to find and select Spotify, then select "Liked Songs." Its so much work that I have to take a nap afterwards.
Haha yes definitely need a nap after that process.
So native Spotify App still not working. I'm guessing you have already tried rebooting the pcm? Has the car got a good mobile connection when you try and scan the QR code? Is there a way to update apps in the pcm?
On my X5 when the native Spotify App plays up I just update all apps and ot sorts it.
Good luck with getting it working!

Last edited:

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was having trouble today launching Spotify and got an error code 3011. Perhaps a system wide issue?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was having trouble today launching Spotify and got an error code 3011. Perhaps a system wide issue?
yes thats the same error code when i try to register the app. I can access via ApplePlay only.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.07.42 AM.png
Have you checked your Porsche Connect status for media within Connect Services and that Spotify (like Apple Music and Apple Podcasts) has been enabled and inked?

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Got the same QR code error for spotify (apple music one worked flawlessly)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Got the same QR code error for spotify (apple music one worked flawlessly)
The procedure I used was as follows (assumes you have a pre-existing Spotify Premium user account):
  1. Start Spotify on PCM which leads to the generation of a QR code
  2. Scan the QR code which will launch a website
  3. Accept the link requested on the website
  4. Go to My Porsche App - Functions - PCM Services
  5. Tap Spotify and complete link (remember that this will only work with a Spotify Premium Account)
Essentially same process (as you'd expect) with Apple Music (either via free voucher redemption or existing Apple Music account).

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Yes except that the PCM is unable to generate the QR code and ask me to try again later. I tried a zillion time for the last 2 weeks and still get the same error.

So far tried:
- to link spotify on the porsche app (working on the app but still get the QR code error on the PCM)
- exit the car for hours (for weeks now ;) still no improvement
- checking if something is missing but all updates where made
- 2 finger my PCM to reboot it

Speaking of fingering the PCM, i got a call for my Porsche dealer asking if everything is fine. I answer that despite minors annoyances that were resolved by 2 fingering the PCM everything is fine. And he told me: "oh no don't reboot the PCM, even in service center we need to get to approval of Porsche to reboot the PCM..."

No we know why it takes them several days to solve the spinning ring of death....

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Agree with W1NGE - it was a little temperamental for a while but seems rock solid now. Sounds like it needs a software update.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you checked your Porsche Connect status for media within Connect Services and that Spotify (like Apple Music and Apple Podcasts) has been enabled and inked?
Yes - mine is linked with the green status as shown here.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok. Mine is working again today.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Isn't that what I am showing in the image I attached? Or is there yet another step I need to take in addition?
Sponsored