Why can't the car stay in Sport mode?

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always thought it had something to do with range ratings, but Tesla allows you to select a mode and stay in it. It would be nice to eliminate that step every single time I get in the car. I was hoping there was some kind of coding tool that could override it but I don't see anything out there.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I always thought it had something to do with range ratings, but Tesla allows you to select a mode and stay in it. It would be nice to eliminate that step every single time I get in the car. I was hoping there was some kind of coding tool that could override it but I don't see anything out there.
Unfortunately you can't and the car will always default to 'Normal'.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Unfortunately you can't and the car will always default to 'Normal'.
True but what I (and others) have found is that when you customize any specific driving mode now it appears (at least in 2022's) to retain those settings! As I mentioned before makes the Individual mode just another set of options.

So you can set Normal to whatever you want it to be (say default Sport setup) and it should hold. I know that at the very least it retains my lowest possible suspension setting in Normal every time I return to the car - can't play with other options right now as car at custom shop.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
WLTP standard states the default mode needs to be what the car was tested in.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
True but what I (and others) have found is that when you customize any specific driving mode now it appears (at least in 2022's) to retain those settings! As I mentioned before makes the Individual mode just another set of options.

So you can set Normal to whatever you want it to be (say default Sport setup) and it should hold. I know that at the very least it retains my lowest possible suspension setting in Normal every time I return to the car - can't play with other options right now as car at custom shop.
To have individual mode you need Sports Chrono though.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To have individual mode you need Sports Chrono though.
So are you saying that you can’t change a setting in your Normal Mode (assuming you do not have Sport chrono?) and have it stay selected on re-starting the vehicle? I can.

So Ido not know if this is a feature of all 2022’s with or without Sport Chrono installed - perhaps Sport Chrono has to be installed for this to work. My ref to individual mode was simply that the orig manual stated that this was the only place you could customize settings which clearly is no longer correct and that Individual is just another configurable drive mode ‘option’ for me.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
WLTP standard states the default mode needs to be what the car was tested in.
Well apparently not as my Normal mode default on picking up the car did not have the car in its lowest suspension setting. I changed that and every time I get in my car my normal mode retains my changed setting.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I'd have thought porsche don't want you to have that functionality, or renders the sports chrono option rather obsolete.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So are you saying that you can’t change a setting in your Normal Mode (assuming you do not have Sport chrono?) and have it stay selected on re-starting the vehicle? I can.

So Ido not know if this is a feature of all 2022’s with or without Sport Chrono installed - perhaps Sport Chrono has to be installed for this to work. My ref to individual mode was simply that the orig manual stated that this was the only place you could customize settings which clearly is no longer correct and that Individual is just another configurable drive mode ‘option’ for me.
You can change settings in all modes but they aren't remembered for next start up except the suspension height.

Individual mode used to be the only place to dial in your own settings and then call them up simply by selecting that drive mode. Perhaps enhanced for MY22.

I don't have SC ( individual mode is STD on any Panamera and SC is not a pre- requisite shame this didn't percolate down to the Taycan given its just software).
Sponsored